Thursday, May 21, 2015

JOE'S BIRTHDAY

Joe's birthday was yesterday but it was such a busy day that I didn't have time to post.  And today it's back to work.  So let's get right to talking about the awesome day we had.

Joe slept in while I went and took the car into the garage to see if the air conditioning could be fixed and why it kept stalling out.   When I got back I got Joe up and we ate breakfast watching a video of "Fractured Fairy Tales".  Anybody remember that?  It used to be a part of "The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show" when we were growing up.  It was fun to see it again.

 

 At lunch time we got picked up by Carole and Walt and we went to New Jersey to have lunch at Cracker Barrel (Joe's choice).  We went over the Betsy Ross Bridge which is right near our house.
Here's the birthday boy.

Over the Delaware River

Leaving beautiful Philly
We had a great lunch.  Walt and Carole had breakfast.  I had the Wednesday special -- chicken pot pie, and Joe had a cheeseburger.  Everything was wonderful.  Joe got his favorite Stewart's root beer.



We were kidding Joe and telling him that the portrait next to him was his great-great-grandfather.  Ha, ha!

When we were finished eating we looked around the store.  I got a couple of birthday gifts and Joe bought a Casting Crowns CD for us to listen to in the car.

Then it was back to Philly.  Over the Tacony-Palmyra Bridge this time.

 




We got home to find a message from the garage saying that the compressor for my air conditioning was broken and it would take over $1,000 to fix it.  We don't have that kind of money so we told them to give us the car back and we would just live with it.  At least the car isn't stalling out anymore.

While Joe took a nap, I made him a birthday cake.  It turned out wonderful.  It was a yellow cake with buttercream icing and I put strawberries on top.  I just got it finished when it was time to leave for Bible Study.  Joe didn't know it, but I already asked everyone to come to sing to him.  He thought I was just taking a cake over, didn't know I had a candle and a celebration planned.  Pastor Justin took the pictures for me so he's not in any of them.  But he was there joining in.


Here's the cake!

The kids made him huge cards.

And a Happy Birthday Mr. Joe sign.

Here's the Bible Study group and the two little girls I teach on Wednesday nights.

We all sang "Happy Birthday" to Joe.

And he blew out the candle.
Joe told me last night that this was one of the best birthdays he ever had.  He loved being surrounded by people who love him so much.  I'm so glad.

And now it's time to get breakfast and get ready for work.  Back to the grind.  But only for two days and I have another long weekend.  I'm going to be so spoiled!

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Looks like the perfect happy birthday! Glad you have another long weekend coming up....you will get spoiled for sure...lol Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful birthday party. I think Joe is a handsome man---and he is young looking. You make a cute couple! What a nice surprise for him to do that!
    If I were you I would call around -you should be able to get a compressor for a lot less than that- (if that is even what it is-it might just need charging with Freon)
    Happy short work week-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful!!! Happy BIRTHDAY to your beloved!! He is looking wonderful! You can tell he is well loved by so many!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fun time! The cake looks delicious. So much love! The cards are so cute. Leave it to children.Happy belated
    birthday,Joe! Kathy, you deserve to be spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you surprised Joe on his birthday. Cake looked so yummy! I was in the area of Cracker Barrel in TN years ago but we never had a chance to eat there. I wanted to, though. We wound up at Corkys a couple of times cuz their food was good. Have a good weekend, my friend. I will be busy making a couple dinners for families who have had babies and going to a couples BBQ to honor a young to be wed couple. Gotta work on Mon, sigh! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Joe! So glad he enjoyed his day. I love Cracker Barrel and I have to drive over to NJ, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy..Joe looked like a very happy guy! VERY happy. I'm glad he had so much fun on his special day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.