Saturday, May 23, 2015

GOODBYE CLARISSA

Friday was the last day of work for my co-worker, Clarissa.  She is moving on to another (and hopefully better) job.  We had an impromptu party for her.  Jerry ordered pizza and I made her a pumpkin dump cake -- her favorite.  I'm really sorry to see her go.  She has become a good friend in the last six months that she has been with us.  Everyone brings a different dynamic into the situation and it will be very different at work without her.

Clarissa and me.

Jules our guard, Clarissa, Jerry our adult librarian

Tom our volunteer and Clarissa
Clarissa and Liz our children's librarian
The pumpkin dump cake with a candle.  At Jerry's request we sang, "Happy fifth new job to you".  She laughed.
 By the end of the day there were many tears and exchanging of phone numbers and email addresses.  We will miss her.

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. What a nice thing to do! Hope she was surprised.Parting can be both sad & joyous.I know everyone is happy for her opportunity but sad to see her go. I totally agree with your 'dynamic' concept.There are certain people I can count on to 'make my day' so to speak. (You're one of them!) Looks like a great day.Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice surprise party; sad to see her go, but happy for a better job. It seems you have good friends at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, That was so nice to throw a party together for your friend Clarissa. I hope she loves her new job. Funny song to sing . LOL. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing her well in the new job. Hopefully she will be replaced with another nice person. Recipe for the pumpkin dump cake? I have a can of pumpkin puree sitting pretty on my pantry shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a strange feeling when a co-worker that ha also become a good friend leaves for greener pastures. It's a little sad for us and exciting for them to have an opportunity to do better for themselves. This has happened to me a lot over the years and I am sure it has to you too. And when they are replaced it takes me a while to build the same level of trust and understanding with the "new" person. When I started at my current job someone told me that I just sort of fit right in. That was very nice and helped me feel comfortable so that's what I try to do for new people where I work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw, how sweet that you would have a party for a co-worker going away. I worked with Ruby for almost a year then she got a better paying job. I miss her. She was madame organizer. So now that she's gone it's back to me to keep the register area from turning into shambles. Sigh! It is nice to have made a new friend and hopefully you will keep in touch with each other. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.