Thursday, May 28, 2015

IRISES

Irises are one of my favorite flowers.  I'm only sorry they don't last longer.  So I enjoy them while they are here.  I love the different colors and sizes.  I took some pictures of mine and some of the ones at my sister's house on Saturday.  Hope you enjoy!






It has been so hot -- up in the 80s and 90s.  My hanging baskets are drying up even though I watered them.  This afternoon we had a thunderstorm while I was driving home from work.  The rain came down fast and furious.  I was stuck in the car after I parked it until the rain let up some.  I am hoping the storm at least helped some.  We'll see.

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. They are pretty. I like the purple & white. I feel the same way about hyacinths. The color,the fragrance but all too brief.That rain was something! I was waiting for a bus but then came the sunshower! Those are really neat.
    Hope the rain helps all our plants.Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iris are really beautiful flowers, but like you said, they dont last long enough. I have my white iris and a few purple and white, but that is all. Happy Thursday....hope your hanging baskets and yard flowers enjoyed getting wet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love irises,too, and wish they lasted longer than they do. I even like the spiky foliage they add to the garden, too. I have some that are just a beautiful solid light lemon yellow. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love tiger lilies...I really need to get some planted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at all those ruffles!
    Love everything about Irises.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way about tulips. Here for a few weeks. There is a big field south of that have bearded irises. Lovely. I need to get photos of them again. Thanks for sharing your photos of iris. Thanks for commenting on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.