Saturday, May 16, 2015

A LATE FRIDAY VIEW

OK so it's Saturday.  But only by an hour.  I had off from work on Friday and am working today so this is going to be short and sweet because I really need to go to bed.

I thought I would get so much done today but not so.  I slept in (which I think I needed) and even ended up taking a nap in the afternoon.  I have one more day of work and then I am off for four days.  Wednesday is Joe's birthday and I took some days off for us to go away or do something.  However, now that he is not doing too well, I don't know how plans are going to go.  But at least we can go to breakfast and maybe a movie.  Or take a drive.  Or sleep in.  Something!

I did get some work done in the yard.  My earthbox is looking good again and I did over the fairy garden.  Last year I had a cute statue of some birds on a wagon wheel.  It fell off of the shelf I had it on and broke.  Well I found the same one at Rite Aid today for half price so got it for $2.  It's now in the fairy garden and looks wonderful there.

I went to Rite Aid to get white out.  But you know me.  I came out with $20 worth of stuff.  Besides the little birds, I got a beautiful ceramic planter for the patio table.  I want to plant it up this weekend.  And a birthday card for Joe.  He's going to love it.  I love it!  They also had cereal 2 boxes for $5.  You can't beat that.

I cleaned off the lamp table next to the sofa today.  How do I accumulate so much stuff?  It's so easy to lay things down when you walk in the door and the table is right there.  But it's looking good now.  So much more cleaning to do.  But I am not going to get myself all upset about it.  I'm just taking things one at a time and eventually it will get done.  Especially when I have four days next week!

So for your Friday view I am going to show you the new African violet I bought.  I cleaned out the pot that I had the old one in that died.  I washed it real good and put fresh water in the bottom.  Then the new plant went in.  I have never seen a violet like this one.  It's a ruffled violet but is growing both white and purple flowers on one plant.  Imagine that!




Gotta go to bed.  Morning comes quickly.

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. The violets are so pretty! I love the pot they're in. Really cute. Can't wait to see the fairy photos.
    Have a gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a long day yesterday for sure. Your violets are so pretty....I had 6 in my kitchen window, but my baby cat loves them too, and jumps up and eats the leaves. So much so, 3 of them 'bit the dust' and I just have 3 left. I do enjoy seeing them grow and flower. Blessings today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, You crack me up girl...saying you buy more than what you went after. You will have to show us your new outdoor gardens. Blessings to you and Joe for a nice weekend. Don't let us miss Joe's birthday. :):) xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The violets are simply lovely! Reminds me of my Aunt Lou, who had them on little stepped-tiers on big white metal tables under the grow-lights in the spare room. I can just smell that rich earth and see the eerie blue light on all those lush leaves and flowers.

    Happy Birthday to your Joe!!

    rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.