Wednesday, October 1, 2014

AUTUMN


Here it is October already.  The first full month of Autumn.  During this month the days will continually get shorter and the temperatures colder.  I love Autumn, but hate not being able to go out in my shorts and t-shirts, with no jacket, running to the car to avoid a summer shower.

But Autumn has it's own beauty.  The leaves begin to change color and become a blaze of glory.  (Although here in the Mid-Atlantic region it doesn't happen until the last week of October or first week of November.)  Autumn flowers are so lovely:  sunflowers and mums in gorgeous colors.

The food of Autumn is so good.  Crisp apples.  Pumpkins.  Stews.  Meat loaf.  Things that are a bit heavier to eat in the cooler weather.

Snuggling under a quilt with a fire going.  (I do NOT like to be cold!)

So although my love of Summer is great, I do love Autumn too.  Welcome sweet Autumn.  I am glad to see you.

Kathy
 

6 comments:

  1. I am glad to see autumn, too, Kathy. I held onto summer as long as I could this year though. Hope you have a wonderful October! xo Diana

    ps. Kathy- did you know you have word verification on and people have to type in a code to be able to leave a response?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, I love the colors of autumn, the festivals, the foods, some times the added sweater. My problem lies with what comes after fall. You know girlfriend that nasty cold white stuff. Yes. that's the bummer. Blessings for a nice sweet week. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a saying here at work. With each Autumn day we are on day closer to Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn is my favorite season, and October is my favorite month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bright,vibrant fall colors! Shoving my hands into jacket pockets....Great weather for walking..
    I savor the feel of fall.Opening the windows to let a brisk breeze sweep through the house,clearing the humid
    mustiness of summer.It kind of reminds me of the end of day or bedtime. Cause then comes winter's white,
    God's quilted comforter under which all sleep....snuggled until spring calls again......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.