Wednesday, October 29, 2014

OCTOBER PHOTO CHALLENGE #27 -- MORNING

I am so far behind in this photo challenge.  I have been so busy and so tired that I haven't been able to post for a couple of days.  I am hoping to catch up but because I have to leave for work in half an hour and still have tons to do before I go this will be a short post.

On Monday morning I was very late getting to work.  When I walked in I found that I was the only Library Assistant there.  Diane was on vacation and Bob was out sick.  We opened up but I asked Liz to call for help for me.  It's hard to work all day when you are the only one on the desk.  Lunch and bathroom breaks become impossible, let alone all the other off-the-desk tasks there are.  Fortunately Tracey from the Fishtown Branch was able to come over.  She lives close to Richmond so was happy to be closer to home and even went home for lunch.  I love working with Tracey so that was great.

But...  when I got home I was so tired.  I made ham, green beans and mashed potatoes (from the farm) for dinner and then fell sound asleep for the whole evening.  I didn't even work on cleaning up our bedroom.

Joe bought a new boxspring and mattress.  We are in the process of switching them out, but getting them up and down the winding staircase is quite a job.  We had to move things and a lot of stuff is just thrown around the bedroom.  The room is not that large to begin with so it looks horrible right now.  I am planning on spending my Friday off fixing things back the way they should be.  The good news is that Joe vacuumed under the bed while the boxspring was off.  Good job, Joe!  I am planning on rearranging the furniture, we want to get more electrical outlets put in, and then we are going to paint the whole room.  I think we can save the rug.  It is going to look so good when we are finished.  Then on to the next room.

The photo challenge for Monday was "Morning".  Mornings are hectic for me.  I'm always running late and trying to do more things than I have time for.  Like now.  But the one thing that must be done first each day is feeding Snowy.

 
Believe me she will let us know if she is not first!  In just one year she has become a spoiled little girl.  I don't know WHO let that happen.

I also have been taking pictures of the construction site out back.  It will be fun to watch it all take shape.  Right now it's just a big hole in the ground.


Now I really have to run, take a shower and dress, and get myself out the door.  I'll be posting later.

I'm linking up with Kaitlin at Homemaker Design for this October photo challenge.

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Kathy, I always hated when we would be short handed. I also blamed our foreman. He would get out of paying for over time when someone went on vacation, by saying he forgot to ask for extra help. I can see why you are tired...long days. Take care, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it doesn't happen that you are short of help too often. It makes for a long day! It will be great to get your bedroom all put back together. Hope you have a great night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have to share a picture of the finished bedroom! I know what it's like and living in chaos like that is no fun!! I do hope you get this tiredness sorted out soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Changing out a mattress/box spring can be chaotic in itself let alone all you got going on. No wonder
    you're so tired.... Joe is so great to do that. It works out better as a team.
    Try to get some rest....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.