Monday, December 9, 2013

SECOND SUNDAY OF ADVENT



THIS IS THE CANDLE OF PREPARATION
God kept his promise of a Savior who would be born in Bethlehem.  Preparation means to “get ready”. Help us to be ready to welcome YOU, O GOD!
********************************************************************

It was an awful day weatherwise here today.  I knew the winter storm was coming and was afraid to go to church.  (Besides still getting over the end of my sore throat, stuffy nose, and headache.)  Instead I went into overdrive trying to clean and decorate my living room.  I FINALLY got the turkey and autumn leaves out of my window and the Indian corn off of the front door.  I feel so much better about that.

I seem to be in a snowman theme this year.  I didn't plan it that way.  But I got the snowman Christmas countdown and the snowman placemats in the kitchen.  Then I put a snowman jelly cling on the back door.

I also got out my snowman mug...

... and decorated the dishwasher.  OK, so these weren't snowmen.  But they're cute.

 
 So to go with the snowman theme, this year I put a snowman light in my front window.  This is not a good picture because it's the daylight.  I will show you a better one later.

I got my wreath on the front door and a red bow on the inside of it.


My sister was coming down today from northern New Jersey.  She went back and forth on whether to come because of the weather.  But she finally decided to try it.  The 1 1/2 hour drive took her over 4 hours!  She passed 12 major accidents, but fortunately saw no one hurt.  She was so thankful to finally get here.  She said the highways are solid ice and she was a nervous wreck driving in it.

The snow started here around 11 a.m. -- a very soft light snow.  It quickly turned heavy and started laying.  We got 3 inches of snow, which doesn't sound like a lot, but made driving treacherous.

Here's a little video of my back yard when the snow was just beginning.  You can actually hear the snow hitting the awning on my back door.

I had another one of my street later on, but the video just refuses to load.  Oh well.

Big day today.  We are going to the Franklin Institute to see the Pompeii exhibit.  Tell you about it later.
------------------------------------------------
Sunday's weather
Snow
High:  32 degrees
Low:  27 degrees
Sunrise:  7:10 a.m.
Sunset:  4:35 p.m.
9 hours and 24 minutes of daylight
It's not summer anymore!

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Elaine arrived safely. All your decorations are soooo pretty! The
    front door wreath looks super with the green & red against the white. I really like snowmen.
    Hope you're feeling better today. Now comes all the after-snow slush....ugh! How can something as pretty as snow turn into something so ucky.
    It was so pretty while it was falling.....
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know my feelings on snow. Snow is nice, ice is not. Unfortunately on the highways the snow had turned to ice. Lots of accidents. It is pretty for awhile, though, I will give you that.

      Delete
  2. Your decorations are looking very pretty. I enjoyed your video, as we have no snow, not even a hint of it, here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, It's looking like Christmas at your house. I like snowmen ...you can leave them up a wee bit longer...xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your snowmen. I used to have several but gave them to one of my children. That little video makes me feel even colder!;>) Brrrrr....xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really looking festive at your place !
    Love the mug too,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have snowmen also! Just something about the jolly, old guy.
    I like it when bloggers add a video to a post. I still haven't figure out how to do it.
    Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, your place looks so festive. .I have been watching the weather reports and there has been many many accidents on the roads. And the flu also has been hitting hard .I was so sick all last week my family had to come and stay with me. Inwas so scared baby would get sick im so happy se didn't. I got some much needed sleep and I am feeling better but now I am left again with baby at night so ots back to our routine. ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just realized everything is miss spelled.. so sorry this is what happens when you run on 2 hours sleep max.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.