Sunday, December 22, 2013

FOURTH SUNDAY OF ADVENT


THIS IS THE CANDLE OF LOVE
The angels announced the good news of a Savior.  God sent his only Son to earth to save us, because he loves us!  
****************************************
Can you believe that Christmas is just three days away?  Where did the time go?  I need at least another month to get ready.  Well, come Christmas morning what is done is done and that's it.  I always promise myself it will be better next year and actually this year it is.  I have been getting the house organized and at least the living room is done and looking rather nice.  Now if I can just get to the dreaded dining room.  The room where everything goes that you don't know what to do with.  Ah, well, the project for 2014.

Yesterday was so dead at work.  I guess everyone was out shopping.  And the weather was really nice.  Today it's actually supposed to go up in the 70s (around 23*C).  And then on Christmas it's not supposed to go above freezing.  What's going on here?

The church I attend is decorated so beautifully.  I love the way the tree and wreath look in the pulpit area.

The tables where we have morning fellowship are all decorated with poinsettias.

The three elders (Shawn, Joe, and Bud) seemed to be in deep conversation here.  They didn't seem to even notice that I snapped this picture.
I have been fighting a migraine headache all day.  I just got to sleep when my brother called me to talk.  Then I'm drifting off again and the Mummers decide to practice their march for New Year's Day by marching down the street playing their music.  Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Mummers.  But please let me sleep.

Well, I am up now so it's on to the other things I have to do.  Hopefully I will get enough energy to get everything done.
-----------------------------------------------------
Saturday's weather:
Cloudy
High:  68 degrees
Low:  44 degrees
Sunrise:  7:19 a.m.
Sunset:  4:38 p.m.
9 hours and 19 minutes of daylight
Sunrise on Saturday, December 21, 2013
Today's weather:
Rain
High:  68 degrees  (feeling nice and warm)
Low:  58 degrees
Sunrise:  7:19 a.m.
Sunset:  4:39 p.m.
9 hours and 20 minutes of daylight
Yay! The days are getting longer.
Sunrise on Sunday, December 22, 2013


1 comment:

  1. I think the church looks very pretty. And I know your house does too, especially your tree. The best part? I see it draped in the effort you put into it.
    Following the steps in clearing away,putting up the tree all that you've accomplished
    and it shows a beauty all its own.I agree.Enjoy it as it is.
    Merry Christmas! Meowwy Christmas to Jenny & Snowy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.