Wednesday, December 18, 2013

IT'S ONLY A WEEK UNTIL CHRISTMAS...


...and I am so not ready.  My house is such a mess.  I don't have everything decorated yet.  No cards done.  No gifts wrapped.  I'm lucky to have the tree up.  *Sigh*

I'm just not in a Christmas mood this year.  I find a lot of people feel as I do.  What about you?  Are you excited for Christmas?  Or is it just blah.  I hope you are very excited and looking forward to it.

We are doing our advent devotionals each evening, but even that isn't helping my mood.  Although we like doing this so much that we are changing our devotional time to after dinner instead of first thing in the morning when we are both rushing around to get ready for work and/or doctor appointments.

Perhaps it is the short days.  Perhaps it is the snow.  Perhaps it is the lack of money this year.  I will get into the Christmas spirit, I just don't know when!
 
I have off from work on Friday and am putting my car in the garage to have it inspected.  This will force me to stay at home all day on Friday.  I am hoping to get a lot done that day and perhaps that will help.

Christmas seemed to come so quickly this year and I'm not ready.  How about you?
-----------------------------------------
Today's weather
Snow (for the third time in a week)
High:  35 degrees
Low:  24 degrees
Sunrise:  7:17 a.m.
Sunset:  4:36 p.m.
9 hours and 19 minutes of daylight

2 comments:

  1. I think the short time between Thanksgiving & Christmas have a bit to do with most peoples mood. Everytha cup of teaing seems more rushed.I guess the snow doesn't help,but I happen to like it. Now the ice/sleet that's another story....
    Taking the car in can be a pain,but try looking on it as a blessing. You get to spend more time getting your Christmas together! When you break for lunch,I'd make it special. Maybe sit with a placemat,fancy napkin a cup of tea....whatever makes it nicer for you.The "good stuff" doesn't have to be just for company!
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get a lot done,Kathy!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.