Wednesday, December 25, 2013

CHRISTMAS EVE


Yes, it's Christmas Eve.  I worked today, but we were able to leave at 3 p.m.  That was nice.  I wanted to get so much done, but ended up falling asleep for two hours.  I must have needed it.  But in spite of this I got two batches of cookies baked.


Oatmeal craisin


 Chocolate chip

 Joe went to the Christmas Eve service at church tonight.  I haven't been feeling well all day (upset stomach) so I stayed home.  I wrapped some gifts, then I laid down.  When I felt better, I wrapped some more.  I'm almost done.  Just a few more to go.

When I picked Joe up from church I was feeling a little better so we went shopping at Target and we finished up all of our shopping.  Finally!  I have NEVER gone Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve before and I hope never to again.  Too much pressure!

We had poached salmon and squash for dinner. Yum!  And Joe had fruitcake for dessert.  Yuck!  I had stollen instead.

After dinner on Christmas Eve we open our gifts to each other.  I gave Joe a sweater and jeans, a fleece throw and a carved picture frame that I bought him at the New Jersey State Fair.



Joe gave me a new phone, a camera and a notebook/tablet computer.  I can't believe it!  He is always giving me electronics, but this is over the top!

So now it's after midnight and is actually Christmas Day.  I still have to finish wrapping and clean up the place before I can go to bed.  Then I have a two hour drive in the morning to go to my sister's for the day.  I have to work fast!

I hope each and every one of my readers has a wonderful Christmas.  May you find peace and joy in this holiday season.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
-----------------------------------------------
Tuesday's weather:
Sunny
High:  43 degrees
Low:  29 degrees
Sunrise:  7:20 a.m.
Sunset:  4:40 p.m.
9 hours and 20 minutes of daylight
Sunrise on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Sunrise on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

4 comments:

  1. The cookies look delicious! Best wishes to you and your loved ones for a wonderful Christmas, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas Day! It looks like Joe loves his gifts. The picture frame looks very
    interesting with his name on it.Wow! He was over the top for you! How special you are. I wish you a joyful day with your sister & may you travel safely.
    Wishing everyone God's peace,love & a joy this holiday season.
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a great Christmas and a safe drive. No getting lost this time! I wrapped Phil's gift last 22" tool box. He wanted another one to organize his tools. Both Megan and I got our favorite/wish list cookbooks. Hers was Trisha Yearwood and mine was Ree Drummond's latest cookbook. Will be sharing our day soon. I enjoy my tablet alot. Hope you had a good birthday, whenever it was. I enjoy your comments on my posts. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful gifts and some you'll really enjoy! Love your winter time pics! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.