Monday, February 18, 2013

THREE DAY WEEKEND

This was the end of my three day weekend.  It was so nice to just be lazy and chill.  Especially since I have not been feeling well lately.  But today I felt more like myself and got some things done.

It was a beautiful sunny day, but very cold.
 
Joe got up this morning and not only did a load of dishes for me, but made me his famous scrambled eggs for breakfast.  So good!

We did a bit of running around this afternoon.  First we went to Wendy's for lunch.  Joe has been wanting chili, so this was his chance to get it.  I still had money on my gift card, so we got our lunch for free!

Next we went to Walmart to return a couple of things.  While I was there I saw this cute top on a clearance rack.  I loved it and bought it.  It will be great for the summer or when we go down the shore in May.  You can't tell from the picture, but it's all sparkly.

When we got home Joe went to take a nap and I watched the movie "Pretty in Pink".
 
 I must be the only person who has never seen this.  It was pretty good, but much different than what I expected.  Glad I finally got to see it.

There was a beautiful sunset today.  Yes, I actually got a picture of both the sunrise and sunset.

I made pork chops, green beans and biscuits for dinner.  It turned out good and I am so full.  But now it is time to go to bed and get ready for a long day tomorrow.  Good night, folks. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you never watched pretty in pink?...that was like my favorite 80s movie!...you had a pretty good week end! Chilli sounds so good and love the sweater color is perfect!...thanks for the advice on pillow I'm getting ready to retun it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Wendy's Chili too. I think it's my favorite chili. I used to eat it everyday for lunch when I worked. Of course I had a brocolli and cheese potato to go with it :)

    Cute top- I love anything that sparkles!!!

    I've never saw Pretty in Pink either! I'll have to check it out.

    Hope your having a nice week my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty In Pink is one of my all-time favorite movies! :)

    Nice you guys had a free lunch...I love when that happens.

    Hope the rest of your week goes real good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.