Monday, February 25, 2013

THREE DEATHS

I have heard that deaths come in threes.  If that is so, then this day has had all three and we should be over them for awhile.

Joe called me at work this afternoon and told me that his Aunt Julie had died.  He was really close to her.  I've never met her, though.  His step-mom had called to tell him and said I should postpone my heart catheterization and give her a ride to the funeral on Saturday.  She doesn't want to take a bus or a cab.  Deaths bring out the best in people, don't they?  Obviously I am not postponing things and Joe is going to find someone else to take him there.  As for my step-mom-in-law, she will have to find her own way there.

When Joe went on facebook tonight he found that one of his former neighbors had died.  He said that he really liked this guy and wanted to go to this funeral as well.  We don't yet know when it is, so we will have to see how I am doing.

And the third death was Dr. C. Everett Koop.  I have met him several times.  I used to work at the church he attended.  I am very good friends with his wife, Cora.  In fact Joe and I attended their wedding in 2010.  I had heard from Cora a couple of days ago that he was very sick and not expected to live.  She was very sad.  But I was not to say anything.  Now I can tell anyone.  He was a wonderful man and will be sorely missed by everyone who knew him.

So hopefully this is the end of the deaths for awhile.  Imagine hearing of them all on the same day.  Better news must be just around the corner.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about all these deaths.
    Dr. C. Everet Koop was a great man and you knew him! What a blessing!

    You have my prayers for Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I just feel so bad for what happened. Please know I'm sending many warm hugs. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heartfelt sympathies on your losses. It is sad enough to hear about one,but three!
    I agree on not postponing your procedure. That was selfish & arrogant on her part.
    My thoughts & prayers will be with you on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,Kathy I am so sorry for your loss!..I hope you are doing fine..have been so busy with this crazy trial..wish it was over..sending you a hug!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.