Thursday, January 10, 2013

JANUARY DECORATIONS

The past few days have been just ordinary days.  I have gone back to work.  The first day was very rough because I had so much to get caught up on.  My desk was all piled up with reports I had to do and to top it off I got a delivery of nine boxes to unpack, sort and shelve for processing.  The good part was none of them were for me.  Ha, ha.

My co-worker Diane has been coughing and choking for about two weeks now.  She has been getting progressively worse but so far has refused to go to the doctor.  Today I finally talked her into going.  The way she describes it I think she has pneumonia -- heaviness in her chest, trouble breathing, coughing up stuff.  I made her promise to stay home tomorrow and I think I may have talked her into taking Saturday off also.  So if you think of it, please pray for Diane.

I was able to get a few more things done when I got home from work today.  First I found my large snowflake.  I knew it was somewhere, I just couldn't remember where.  So it is now in my window with the smaller snowflakes around it.  Looks so nice.

I also put out my New Year's Cherished Teddies and my polar bears.  I love polar bears.  I have ever since I was a little kid around 18 months old and my parents took me to the zoo.


I also took down the Christmas wreath and cross from the front door and all of my birthday cards.  I still have so much more to do, but I did a lot in 30 minutes.  If I can just do that tomorrow, I can probably finish up the living room.  Then all I have to do is the dining room on my day off Friday.  That will make me so happy.

While I was looking for my snowflake, I found lots of Valentine's Day stuff that I didn't know I had.  I am going to enjoy putting those things out.

Well I think the laundry is done, so I will go so I can finally get to bed.  At least tomorrow is my late day so I can sleep in. 

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, I have been busy myself cleaning and rearranging here and there! At least you found some Valentine decor!! I hope your co- worker get better pneumonia is very serious condition! hugs have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for your friend. There is so much sickness going around right now. Hopefully a few days off and some rest will help her to feel better.

    I sat down last night and made a list of some Valentines projects I want to complete! I usually don't do anything for Valentines Day but I'm trying to cherish EVERY day this year so I figured why not :)

    Hope you sleep till noon my friend. Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.