Tuesday, January 22, 2013

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE... VALENTINE'S DAY

I woke up this morning feeling terrible.  I've been running a fever, have a sore throat and a wicked cough.  I called the doctor and tried to get an appointment, but he was filled up.  I asked for him to call in some medication for me and he gave me an anti-biotic which seems to be helping a great deal.  The fever is down, the cough is pretty much gone, but the throat is still bad.  I guess it just takes some time for that to go away.  Also now I have no voice!  It's hard to communicate in a whisper, but that's all I've got.

I called in sick to work.  My boss was not happy with me, but I can't help that.  What did he want me to do, spread the germs?  I guess so.  I am going to try to go to work tomorrow.  Let's see how I feel.

While I was home I finished decorating for Valentine's Day.  I put two wreaths on the front door:  one outside:

 
And one inside:

I also put out my Cherished Teddy cupid bear.

And this other cute little figure I have.

It has been bitterly cold here.  I don't think it's gotten above 20* all day.  Even the house is chilly.  That's the thing with old houses, there's not a lot of insulation.  My house was built in 1925 so it's not the greatest when it gets real cold.  I'm so glad I have some quilts my mom made for me and the little stove my sister gave me.  It really makes a difference.  Especially when I'm not feeling well.


Besides keeping me warm, the fire is so nice to look at.  I was watching the fire and fell asleep this afternoon.  It's so soothing.

I hope I feel better by tomorrow.  I've had two doses of medicine now (I take it twice a day with food and lots of water), so let's see how it goes.  Until later....

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Russ is sick & home from work. He NEVER calls out.That's how I know he's REALLY ill.
    Your hearts are cute.Valentine's
    Day is my favorite holiday.There are so many kinds of love & I like sharing it!
    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wreath!! yes, all the department stores are all decked out with Valentines everywhere I need to look for a wreath too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's just something about a fireplace!!
    Hope you wake up WELL in the morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate you are still feeling bad. Hopefully that throat will heal real soon. Make sure if you go to work tomorrow, you give your boss the germs! Boy oh boy, people have no compassion sometimes.

    I LOVE your wreaths! They are both so pretty. You are putting me to shame with Valentines decorating. I have done absolutely NONE yet.

    It's been cold here today too. I wish I had a fireplace. I LOVE watching a fire!!

    Get some rest my friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your feeling much, much better Kathy. So many people here in Vegas are sick. No fun for sure. Rest up and take it easy!

    On another note, I ♥ your Valentine's decor. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.