Monday, January 28, 2013

I'VE BEEN VERY, VERY SICK

I've been missing from blogland for a week now and you know that isn't like me.  I've been sick.  Very sick.  It started last Sunday with an ulcer on my tongue.  Don't know where that came from.  Then I got a scratchy throat.  Don't you hate those?  And there's just nothing you can do to make it feel better.  By Monday it was a full blown sore throat.  I haven't had one in years.  I progressed to closed sinuses and coughing, choking, can't breathe, throwing up, the whole nine yards.

Tuesday I called the doctor.  He couldn't see me, but was able to prescribe medicine which didn't seem to help me at all.

I was feeling better on Wednesday and went to work and worked all day although I was feeling awful.  But I got all the important things I had to do done.

On Thursday I actually got to see the doctor and he pulled me out of work for a week.  So that's where I've been.  I haven't been this sick in many, many years.  I think I may have had the beginnings of pneumonia because I feel the same as I did when I was in the hospital with it a couple of years ago.

I'm feeling a lot better today.  My fever finally broke, but I am still choking and coughing.  It's hard to eat anything -- everything chokes me except things like pudding, ice cream, sherbert.  And sometimes even those things choke me.  My scale needs batteries, but I bet I've lost some weight.  Not a good way to do it though.

Because I'm such a generous person I have shared my germs with the man who has taken care of me all week.  He is going to see the doctor this afternoon.  I'm praying I can get him there safely because it is in the middle of our ice storm.

Right now we are having our third snowstorm in two weeks.  It is supposed to turn to freezing rain this afternoon and have a lot of black ice.  Treacherous driving.  And then tomorrow it's supposed to be 60*.  No wonder everyone is sick.

Here's a couple of pictures from our second snowstorm.




I've watched more TV than I can ever remember watching.  My eyes hurt too much to read (although yesterday I did finish the book I was almost done) and I would doze off and on between coughing fits so I got caught up on everything I had recorded.  I'm almost done watching the Mummer's New Year's Parade.  These are the fancy brigades.
 







Right now I am watching the string bands, which are my favorite and are the end of the parade.  Each one is like a four-minute Broadway show.  Everyone is so creative.  I have two hours to go, but there are so many commercials that I will get done in about one hour.

I hope to get dressed today (I've been in pj's for five days now) and maybe get some things done around the house.  You know I'm feeling better.  I want to go to work tomorrow, so I will not be overdoing anything.

I want to end by showing you the sunset from yesterday.  It looks strange.  I think the marks in the sky are from airplane exhaust.  Until later....
 

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Kathy...I feel for you!
    Just said a prayer for both of you.

    That last picture is unbelievable.

    I hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kathy I hope you get to feeling better! pneumonia is very dangerous to get! do you have a vaporizer? maybe you should plug one in...I'll say a prayer for you the pictures are incredible.. hard to believe since it s 80 plus here..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dropped in to see if you had posted. If you hadn't I was going to call your local Sheriff Department and make them check on you for me LOL! I knew you must be really sick. I'm glad to hear you are starting to feel better. Poor Joe, I hope he doesn't get it quite as bad as you did. Maybe he can catch his early enough. Hoping you have a very speedy full recovery and sending my prayers to Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better each day.Prayers for you & Joe.Russ had
    flu & I the stomach virus.We were both knocked FLAT! He's back to work (barely) but we're both still drained.
    Feel better soon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.