Sunday, January 6, 2013

FEELING BETTER -- FINALLY

OK, I will start believing my doctor more.  He said I would start to feel better around Sunday and he was absolutely right.  I am feeling more like myself today, although still tired, and my voice has come back.  I was even able to sing the Christmas carols in church this morning.  And you know some of them are hard to sing.

Today is Epiphany and Joe had the scripture reading today.  I thought it was appropriate that he read about the angel's message to Joseph.  We had communion today too.  In the church I attend we have communion only 5 times a year.  The first Sunday of the year is one of those times.

I got a bowl of Italian Wedding Soup at Wawa for lunch.  It went down much better than my Sonic burger yesterday.  It was really good.

I took a nap this afternoon for a couple of hours.  I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow when I can't nap.

When I got up I put a chicken in the oven to roast for dinner.  This is only the second time I have ever made a whole roast chicken.  But I was watching Martha Stewart yesterday and she had it on her show.  I thought, "That's easy.  You just put it in the oven."   So when we went to Shop Rite yesterday I got a chicken to try her recipe.  She put rosemary, garlic and lemon in the cavity before she trussed it.  I had all of that so I did that too.  It smells wonderful.  I have an hour before it's done though.  I have some cranberry sauce in the pantry, some Stove Top stuffing (yes I'm cheating, but I'm still sick *cough, cough*), and I got some brussels sprouts that I'll heat up.  I am making a good dinner tonight,

I finally got my Christmas decorations out of the window and put up my January snow.  I just hope we don't get tons of real snow.  The little bit we had this morning was fine.  It was gone by lunch time.  These aren't very good pictures, but I had a very difficult time trying to take them.  The snowflakes just didn't show up.  And yes, I have blue lights.



     It's really pretty in person because the snowflakes are all sparkly and reflect the blue lights.  I'll show you the rest of the January decorations as I get them up.

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy you are feeling much better!! and up to eating!! I wonder why you only have communion 5 times a year? I am thinking you probably live in a rural area... We have communion at every mass we celebrate.. love the blue lights so cozy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in the middle of Philadelphia. A big city, not rural at all. I wish. We have communion only 5 times a year because that is how the Bible Fellowship denomination does it. We came out of the Mennonite church. The reason it is not more often is so when we do have it we think about what we are doing and it doesn't become just another part of the service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your blue lights! And the snowflakes! Happy WINTER!!
    Glad you are feeling better.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for feeling better, it's about time!!! I guess sometimes those doctors DO know what they are talking about.

    Your dinner sounds delicious. I make Stove Top A LOT around here. It's quick and good. My kind of side dish!

    Your lights are so pretty. I never decorate with lights except at Christmas. I should do it more, I love them! By the way, send me ANY snow you don't want. I'll gladly take it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the snowflakes! Glad to hear that you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you are feeling better, Kathy!

    I bet your chicken turned out wonderful. It sure sounds good. MMMM!

    Your snowflakes and blue lights look so cute! What a great idea...and so very festive!

    Here's to a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.