Friday, January 11, 2013

FRIDAY VIEW

Since I am working tomorrow, today was my day off.  I really didn't do much of anything.  For one thing I slept until 10 a.m.  I never sleep like that.  I'm usually up between 5 and 6 so I was really surprised to see the time when I opened my eyes.

I got some more undecorating/decorating done.  The bannister has gone from this:
  to this:

It looks so bare to me even with the snowflakes.

Speaking of snowflakes, here's a better view of my front window:
 

Here is my snowflake candle:
 And my Christmas tree is finally down.  But there is so much to do and I am so tired.

My friend Carol from the library where I used to work came over this afternoon and we went to Applebee's for lunch.  She had a steak with potatoes and cole slaw and I had chicken tenders and fries.  It was good.  Since neither of us were working today we didn't have to rush and had a nice long talk.  I almost never go out with my girlfriends and this was a lot of fun.

For my Friday view I will show you the cute Christmas gift she gave me.
 Isn't this the cutest mug ever?  And the Ghiradelli chocolate sounds good too.  I remember being in Ghriadelli Square and the store when I was in San Francisco.  What a wonderful place!  This is such a sweet gift.

Well going to run because I need to get ready for work tomorrow.  Have a nice night, folks.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy!
    Happy New Year girl.
    I love how you always leave such kinds messages on my blog.
    I was just looking at all your Christmas Pictures. YOu and Joe just make the cutest couple. So sweet together.
    Well it's super cold here in Temecula (Just 1 hr north of San Diego) and we are staying in doors.

    Hope your weekend will be a fun one.

    Hugs Viola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your body needed the extra rest. Glad you got to sleep in.

    Lunch dates with friends is always fun. Such a cute gift. Sounds like your day was pretty great.

    Hope your weekend is awesome my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mug fits right in with your January theme. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Your house is looking CLEAN. For some reason after I get my debris down it all looks so clean!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ♥ how you decorated your banister with the lights and cards and things. It's so cute! :)

    That gift was sure nice. It sounds delicious! MMMM!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.