Monday, November 18, 2019

THIS AND THAT


Hello, friends!  I love this picture of a pumpkin farm.  I am so happy when I find pictures like this on facebook and I can share them with you.  I know there is another month of fall, but the year is winding down.  Like those living in Scandinavia I call these the Dark Months.  So little sunlight.  I have been trying to get out and enjoy the light as much as possible.  So far the depression is staying away this year and I hope by being outside more (or even just sitting at the window) I can keep it that way.  We have a sun lamp but it just isn't the same.

And it is cold here.  The hot, hot summer is gone.  It seemed to leave all at once, the temperatures dropped 20 degrees in one day.  This week is supposed to be a little more moderate.  I am hoping to get out in the yard and finish pulling up all the weeds so that the bird feeder is completely clear and the birds will be able to find it as the food becomes more scarce.

I've been under the weather for a few days.  I just don't feel right and I can't put my finger on it.  My tummy is bothering me.  So much so that I didn't go to church yesterday and you know that is definitely not me.  The Ladies Bible Study ends for the year tomorrow with a tea and I hope I am OK for that.  Well, let's just say I WILL be OK because I don't want to call it off and disappoint some people.

After the tea I have to take some people home and then rush to an eye doctor appointment.  I'll finally get home around 3:00 p.m. and I think I will need a nap by then.

Let me show you some pictures I've taken lately to show you what I've been up to.

Our neighbor had a yard full of jack-o-lanterns.  This was the one I liked best.



My friend, Debbie bought me some jack-o-lantern Peeps.  They didn't last long.  Thank you, Deb!



My love for Peeps is well known.  The same day Joe came home with Peeps for me.  Christmas trees and chocolate mousse reindeer.



Look how cute the little trees are.  It's a good thing that I can't get Peeps all year long.  I would be in trouble.



Shoprite had a sale on Christmas cacti.  I got one for $3.00.  I have never seen so many buds on one plant.  And I love the color.




Last week Joe came home from his Veterans meeting with these flowers for me.  Some of the guys went to a dinner to celebrate the birthday of the Marine Corps and one of the wives grabbed this centerpiece off of the table to give to me.  That was so nice!



 Three days ago the Christmas Cactus bloomed.  How beautiful!  And there are a lot more blooms coming.




I have been busy crocheting a blanket for my sister-in-law for Christmas.  I showed you one I had started for her earlier, but it just wasn't working out.  This is going quickly and is so pretty.  And warm too.  I have it over my legs as I am working on it.  I like it so much that I feel like keeping it. But this is for Mary and I will just have to make another one for myself.  I should have it finished in another week or two and will show it to you then.  

As soon as this is finished, I will go back to my temperature blanket which has fallen by the wayside.  This is the fourth temperature blanket I have made and I am starting to get tired of it.  So I will take a break and not do one next year.  It is interesting to look back on the year, though, and see how hot or cold it has been.  Doing these blankets has made me realize what a moderate climate I live in.

Thank you for all the nice comments you left on my last post.  I've mentioned this before but for those of you who are new to my blog, the King George II Inn is one of our favorite places to go.  It was founded in 1681.  Yes, this building is 300 years old.  It's wonderful and has quite a history.  Here's the sign on the front of the building.


And now I've rambled on enough and have to start my day.  Hope you all have a good one.

Kathy




7 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the cactus! I never knew they could bloom like that! Now that you mention it,when I worked for the bank I used to leave in the dark & come home in the dark.You really do need the sun.hope you do feel better as I want you to enjoy the tea. And that you feel better just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very busy my friend :)
    Love the pumpkin farm picture, no description needed there, it speaks volumes.
    Hope you get better really soon, stomach problems are no fun.
    Beautiful Christmas cactus, and in bloom to boot !
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that pumpkin farm picture. I love peeps too! Your Christmas Cactus plant is just gorgeous! I have a few of them and two of them are starting to get lots of buds and blooms. You take care of yourself, and feel better soon. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kathy, I do enjoy following your blog! Your Christmas Cactus and "Marine" flowers are lovely! I hope you feel better soon. It's no fun to be sick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peeps are made in all shapes and sizes arent they? Your cactus is so pretty and the centerpiece is lovely as well. It takes a while for me to get used to it being dark so early and the time change, changes me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cactus and blooms! I'm better at growing plants outdoors than indoors. I'm not too affected by the darker days but I miss working in my yard until 9pm! I'll pass on the peeps but they sure do make a ton of different ones these days. I hope you're feeling better soon and make it to your tea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cactus is beautiful! I'm no good at house plants...not at all. I really do not like these dark months. I'm ok till January then it seems like time slows to a crawl till it warms up again and we see color. I'll pick you up on my way to Florida on January 1 ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.