Thursday, November 1, 2018

HALLOWEEN


It was quite a Halloween around here.  I woke up at 2:30 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep.  So I turned on the fire in the stove, lit a hot apple pie candle and turned on a Hallmark movie.  Does it get better than that?


Of course by the time it was over, I was ready to go back to sleep.

When I finally did get back up and dressed, I headed to Rite Aid to get my prescription.  I also got another bag of candy for the Trick-or-Treaters.  It turns out I didn't need it, but better safe than sorry.

We began to hear little voices around 6:00 p.m.  Joe grabbed the bowl I had put the candy in and headed outside.  I followed a few minutes later.  He was standing there talking with our next-door neighbor Kate.


There are never a lot of kids on our street.  But we got a good number tonight.  Probably about 30 or so.  The candy we had went.


I didn't stay outside very long.  I wasn't feeling all that well.  I got a chair from the back yard for Joe and then went inside and laid down.  When I heard Kate leaving, I went outside again so Joe wouldn't be alone.



After awhile our neighbor William came home.  He and Joe are fast friends because they both served in the Marine Corps in Okinawa.  Just a few months apart as it turns out.  I think Joe left for the States as William was going over there.  Or was it the other way around?  They talked and talked so I went back inside and laid down again.

About an hour later I heard William leave and Joe came in.  He said no kids were anywhere so he gave it up for the night.  There were about 10 candy bars left.

I got up and made tortellini and meatballs for dinner.  It turned out good.

And now begins the holiday season in earnest.  Just wait until you see all the things in store for this month.

Kathy



10 comments:

  1. Perfect looking evening, I love to hand out treats to the kids, I hope you feel better soon,

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, I am glad this holiday is behind us. Sure hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The street I live on only has about 4 houses so we don't get any children. I miss seeing all the costumes :( However I am looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving. There is always something to be thankful for! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to get outside and greet them. We don't have any kids come here so we miss that. Hope you feel lots better today! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice night to be out! We had all the kids from the neighborhood....not sure how many. (It's not a lot, mane 15?) One of the neighbors had a party afterwards. They had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We didn't have many kids last night either. The weather was predicted to be stormy so I guess most of the kids around us will choose to come back tonight. Our light may or may not be on tonight. We'll see when that time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun photos! I love seeing all the kids (all ages) in their costumes. Even lots of fur babies were in costume and out trick or treating. It's a fun night for everyone. I hope you are feeling much better really soon. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute photos of you two!! Sounds like a nice evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like it was a nice evening although I"m sorry you didn't feel well. I would love to have a wood stove in our house. We have a small fireplace in our den but it doesn't through the heat really far. Loved the photos as well. I hope you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's so fun that you can go outside and sit on your porch, chit-chat with neighbors and share candy with the kids.
    Sorry you weren't feeling well.
    I'm excited about all the new Hallmark movies coming up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.