Saturday, November 10, 2018

A DAY OFF -- WELL, SORT OF


I was going to say my busy week is over but looking at the calendar just now I see that next week is busy too.  Ah, it's just this time of the year.

Joe has been sick again, but is doing much better now.  It's the time of year for him.  My pain level has gone up but again it's because the cold and damp is not good for my arthritis.  That's why I love the spring and summer.

Have you all noticed how short the days have gotten?  My goodness, it seems like the sun has just come up and then it's setting again.  I need to make the most of the sunlight we have.

Of course, we haven't had much sunlight because it is raining here so much.  Every day seems gloomy and cloudy.  It makes me want to go back to bed!

On Thursday Joe and I took Jack to the vet.

He got his shots, his nails trimmed and a clean bill of health.  He has to lose some weight, though, so he is going on a diet just like his mommy.

This morning I tracked my meals for the last two days and was astounded at how many carbs I had consumed.  This must stop!  I keep saying, "Well, it's the holidays," but I can't use that as an excuse anymore.  Now that I'm aware of it, let's see how I do today.

We went to the viewing of the father of a friend of Joe's last night.  It was sort of scary getting there and getting home because it was raining and very dark and I did not see well in those conditions.  But we were glad that we went.  It meant a lot to the family.

Today I MUST get some cleaning done.  There is so much to do.  I want to get some decorating done too.  Then there's the bulletins for church tomorrow and Joe's message for the nursing home that needs to get typed and printed out.  It never ends.  But a fun day tomorrow.  I'll let you know about it.

Have a good day!

Kathy




5 comments:

  1. Kathy, When we write down everything we eat in one day...it can be shocking. I am trying to get Ted and I into eating simpler. A piece of meat for protein and a side dish or salad. We both have gained in the past two years and it's not healthy. Good luck and take care. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about the light. I am sure that I’d feel similarly about writing down all the food I have consumed...too many cashews this morning. 😏 Hope that you all pace yourselves and thereby get all that needs doing accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shorter days do wear on you. You are always so busy!! Take care of you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the shorter hours of daylight. I liked it better when sunset was after 8:30 in the evening. Ah well, Spring will be here soon too. (I hope) You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rain gets to me too, Kathy. Now it's SO cold!
    Cutting carbs is hard but can be done....I do good at times but right now I have been letting a bit too much sneak in ;-) not being able to eat gluten does help, but more and more really good GF goodies are available. Oh dear.
    God bless your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.