Thursday, October 6, 2016

MARIANNE STORIES #39

My friend Marianne must look like a million bucks!
 
June 20
Khadeja, 11 yr old volunteer who is part Pakistani, part Egyptian, told me I look very tired. I told her I am not getting enough sleep because I have a lot of work to do. 

"Ms. B, you go home after work, right? You don't do library work at home, do you?" 

"Yes, Khadeja, sometimes I do but I'm tired from all the home work I do like shopping, cooking, laundry, cleaning, work like that." 

"Ms. B, you DO that?" 

"Sure, Khadeja, I live in a house just like you. who do you think does all of that work?" 

"Servants?" 

"Khadeja, did you just say servants?" 

"Yes, Ms. B, I thought you had servants!" 

I wonder where that thought came from! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.