Friday, July 11, 2014

FRIDAY VIEWS -- THE BURG

I had the day from hell at work yesterday.  I ended up throwing six boys out of the place.  I won't even tell you what they were doing besides punching each other and screaming.  My nerves were shot.  That was before the drunk guy came in.  He was so nice, told us we were wonderful people, got out two books and staggered out of the place.  I don't think he'll even remember he was there.  All day there were problems.  I am SO looking forward to the weekend.  Ah, well, at least not all days are like that.

Liz (the new children's librarian) and I were talking today.  She has an unusual last name which is also a last name in my family.  We think we might be related in some strange sort of 52nd cousin 26 times removed sort of way.  Wouldn't that be something?

I love looking into my genealogy and I really must get back to doing that.   It is fascinating to me to see where I came from and even to see pictures of them.  Since my family traces back to Edmund Cranmer and some European royalty, it is easier to find pictures than if they had been some serfs or something.  Not everyone is as fortunate as I am.  Joe, for instance, can trace his family back only to when they came to America from Ireland during the potato famine.

We both love the show "Who Do You Think You Are?".  I am excited that it is coming back for another season in a couple of weeks.  I am so looking forward to it.

This morning I have a doctor's appointment.  We are still trying to tweak my medicine dosages to get me feeling better.  I think we are getting closer.

Then at noon the contractor is coming to finish the kitchen floor.  I will be so glad to get that done.  It shouldn't take too long and I will be able to go into work for half a day.

On top of all of that news I have a Friday view to show you.  This house is across the street from my doctor's office.  There are so many pretty houses in Bridesburg.  If you look closely, you will be able to see the little fountain they have in their front yard.


Have a good Friday!

Kathy
 

3 comments:

  1. I see the fountain! So pretty! I think I'd be having my tea on the porch every morning....That is so neat about you & Liz. Talking to people sometimes reveals the coolest things.That conversation was 'still water'
    amid the day's aggravation.Nice oasis....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, Any more it can be hard to work for the public...so many no longer have manners and are so darn rude ...those kids were just looking for attention. They should have been home helping out...but we know that won't happen. Stay strong girl. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart, that sounds like a SERIOUSLY rough day!!!!
    Let's hope you don't have many more like that

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.