Saturday, December 21, 2013

WINTER IS HERE


I know some people are really happy about this.  And I do love winter with it's crisp air and beautiful snow (not ice, never ice).  But it is my least favorite season.  Strange for me to say that since I am a winter baby.

I took my car into the garage yesterday to get it inspected and a few things looked at.  It turned into a much larger project than I anticipated.  It passed inspection with no problem, but...  I had two tires with nails in them.  They were fixed.  That's the reason I kept getting the low tire pressure light on.  So glad to get that out of the way.  They fixed the windshield wiper that wasn't working.  Yay for that too.  But... the starter is bad.  I have had trouble with it for over a year but thought it was me.  It's not.  It's going to be a lot of money to fix it, but if I don't one day it's just not going to start and I am going to be stuck somewhere.  They had to order the part, so I am going to take it back on Monday for them to fix it.  Fortunately Carole can pick me up and take me to work and then come get me and take me back in the afternoon after work.  What a good friend.

The two cats had a face to face last night.  It wasn't pretty.  Jenny was hissing and growling and Snowy stood there as if she was saying, "You want a fight?  Huh?"  Fortunately Jenny took off.  Angrily but she went upstairs.  I ended up crying.  I think it will work out with time but it's so nerve wracking in the meantime.  I love both my babies.

Jenny lives on the second and third floors and the stairway.  She looks as if she is in jail.

Hello.  I'm cute.

I even made friends with Buddy the Birthday Bear.

I'm cute when I sleep.

And I'm cute when I'm awake.

"I am not happy and I WILL get rid of this other cat."

Don't bother me.  I'm being cute sleeping.

Merry Christmas.  Can you see my eyes are two different colors?
 They sort of remind me of Garfield and Nermal.  Jenny would like to send Snowy to Abu Dhabi.

We had the plumber give us a new thermostat yesterday and the heat seems to be working just fine.  It isn't digital like the other one, but oh well.  We just need heat.

I was going to make up a bunch of cookie dough before I went to work, but now I don't have time.  There will be a lot of baking when I get home.

I finally got the bird seed and suet out for our feathered friends.  While I was there I took advantage of the opportunity to take some pictures of the yard.  Because I was sick and Joe was injured we never got the garden put to bed for the winter.  I'm going to have a lot of work come spring.



At last I got a decent picture of our front window.  Yay!  Now I know the setting on my camera to get a good shot.

 
And finally last night Santa came.  It's getting there.

I have to run or I will be late for work.  Have a good day, everyone!
-----------------------------------------
Friday's weather
Sunny
High:  54 degrees (I'm loving it)
Low:  33 degrees
Sunrise:  7:18 a.m.
Sunset:  4:38 p.m.
9 hours and 20 minutes of daylight

Sunrise Friday, December 20, 2013
 

2 comments:

  1. I adore the photo of you & Snowy! Sorry to hear they argue.I actually overheard one of our behavior staff at the shelter suggest to an adopter that she seperate them with a baby gate until things settled. Not sure if that's helpful to you but that's the pro's offer.
    I'm happy that one of our volunteer favorite big boys"Mason" (American bulldog) got adopted!! Some of our dogs are harder than others. AND he's already signed up for our obedience class.
    Gotta go as we are calling out for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of you in the Santa hat and Snowy. I think they will wind up buddies in time. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.