Thursday, December 12, 2013

DOCTORS, DOCTORS

This is going to be a medical day -- before going to work this afternoon and evening.  Yes, it's another late day for me but first I need to see two of my doctors.

I'm going to my family doctor first because I got pink eye.  Of all things!  How in the world did I get that?  Of course, you get everything at the library.  People are too sick to go to work or school but not too sick to come to the library.  Go figure.

Then I have to run from there to my oncologist for my six month checkup.  Well, I guess it's a seven month now because first he was on vacation and then I was sick and then he was on vacation again.  This is one doctor I keep up with because I do not want a recurrence of my cancer.  Six years clear and I want to stay that way.

While I am at the hospital I will stop in to get an appointment with my cardiologist and an appointment for the ultra sound I am supposed to have to see how my stomach surgery from a couple of years ago is doing.  I am so sick of seeing doctors.  I just want to forget that I have medical issues, but it seems like this is just the beginning of several months of tests and exams.

Enough of that.  I wanted to show you some pictures from this past Monday.  First my front window.  I keep adding to it.

I got this cute little Santa that flashes different lights.  I was going to put it inside but I'm afraid of the flashing with Joe's epilepsy (flashing lights causes epileptics to have seizures), so I put it in the window.

And I got new poinsettias to put in my flower pot by the front door.  I think they look so pretty.


 I still don't have my tree up.  I am determined to clear out the space I want to put it into today.  Isn't it funny how you put things into a pile to deal with later and later never comes?  Well, it's not so funny now.  I have a lot of work ahead of me.  Later is NOW.  But it will be worth it when I have that beautiful tree up and lit.

So enough for now.  I'm going to try to get a couple more hours of sleep before I start on my day.  Until later...
----------------------------------------------------
Wednesday's weather
Fair
High:  34 degrees
Low:  17 degrees
Sunrise:  7:12 a.m.
Sunset:  4:35 p.m.
9 hours and 23 minutes of daylight
We got over 10 inches of snow this past week.  That's more snow than we had the entire winter last year.

5 comments:

  1. I hope all goes well with your medical exams.
    I like your new Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new poinsettias. They give a fresh,crisp look to the planter! I can understand about the 'later'.You are one determined person so I know you can do it. I'm pulling for you!
    May it all go well at the doctors.You'll be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flashing santa is soooo cute! And...I know what you mean about doctors appts., ugh...who wants to go to the doctors?! So, did you get your tree up yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. I'm so behind on everything. Haven't even started my cards.

      Delete
  4. Kathy, I hope all goes well for you at the drs. Yes, I understand about the flashing lights...be careful. I am glad you stay on top of your heath concerns...we have too. Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo,Susie
    p.s. pink eye is very contagious...you may have picked it up from the check out counter... counters & table tops are the germest places

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.