Wednesday, June 22, 2011

BUT I SIGNED THESE PAPERS BEFORE!

Well, it's official.  I got a call this morning from Human Resources that I was to go to the Central library this afternoon and sign all the paperwork necessary for me to be promoted.  

It was a crazy day at work.  Lots of people.  (Where did they all come from?)  I didn't get to leave the Richmond Branch until 3 p.m.

It didn't take me long to get there.  I was worried about parking, so found a space three blocks away near where I parked before.  I paid the kiosk, walked to the corner, and there were two blocks of empty parking spots closer to the building.  But I had already paid and I would have had to pay again so I stayed where I was.  My knees were killing me and I was not happy that I had parked so far away.


Human Resources gave me a bunch of papers to sign for my pension, life insurance, deductibles, etc.  It turns out whenever you get a promotion they are actually letting you go and then rehiring you.  So everything has to be filled out again.  The same thing happened when I had my breast cancer surgery and when I had my stomach surgery.  So I have now filled out these same papers 4 times.  Give me a break!

I will be beginning my new job on July 5th.  I still don't know where this new place is.  Joe and I are going to make a dry run this weekend or next to see how to get there and how long it takes.  This will be an interesting next 4 to 5 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I hope the month goes by quickly so you can get closer to home and not have to drive so far to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Typical burocracy. Hurry up and do everything twice. I'm glad you got the promotion. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.