Monday, January 1, 2024

WELCOME 2024



Hello, friends.  And Happy New Year!  It is still pretty early in the day and everyone is asleep I think.  The streets are empty.  Me?  I tried to stay up, but fell asleep.  I woke up with Joe saying, "Happy New Year," but went right back to sleep.

We had a very quiet celebration ourselves.  Joe had never seen the movie "Citizen Kane" and I told him that he had to see the best movie ever made.  So we rented it from Amazon.  My sister had given me a gift certificate for my birthday so I paid for it with that.  But even if I did have to pay for it, it only cost $3.99.  Much cheaper than if we had gone to the movies.

Joe had bought a cheese and sausage package and so we had crackers, cheese, summer sausage and mixed nuts.  So good.

And that's about it.  Not much going on at all.  I need to get up and get going.  Feed the cats.  Get my shower, etc.  Don't know what I am going to have for breakfast but I'm sure I'll find something.  I do want to see at least the string bands in the Mummers Parade, but I think I'll watch some of the Rose Parade also.

Hope you all had a great New Year's Eve and that 2024 is a wonderful year for you.
 






6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year. I enjoy your blog, and I hope you can write more in the new year. You are an inspiration to many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Wishing you a very blessed year. Your sister was so generous with a gift card and birthday cake. That was some birthday cake!! It's a must see and everyone should go to your youtube channel to view the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow easy holidays are such blessings! That's what we had, too! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got up late but I did make pumpkin banana bread this morning. Not alot to do today. Megan and I will most likely watch something on our roku TV a bit after dinner. Eating last bit of leftover food from friends from a week 😁. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here, a quiet new year. Not too much fireworks but one
    kinda loud one frightened my chihuahua Shiloh. I cuddled her
    under the blanket next to me. Happy, safe & healthy new year to all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We didn't go out and celebrate on New Year's Eve either. We had friends over for dinner on New Year's Day so that was our "big celebration." It was actually really fun though. I hope that you and Joe have a very Happy New Year. I need to watch your latest Youtube. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.