Wednesday, January 3, 2024

TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH THE YEAR


 

Hello, friends!  Hope you are doing well today.  After not writing for a long time, I now find myself posting every day.  This probably won't last for a long time, but here we are for now.  It is 7:15 a.m. and the sun is just coming up.  The sky is all blue and pink and so pretty.  

I tried to take a picture of this beautiful sky but my new camera is not good with scenery shots.  It came out all gray.  I don't know if I just am not getting how to use it, or if it just is not a good camera for those kind of shots.  In any case, I have bought another camera.  It will be here by the end of the week.  It is a Kodak digital and very like the one I lost (and hopefully will still find).  The Minolta is a great vlogging camera and I will use it for that, but I also need a camera for scenery and distance shots.  Besides, I feel better having two cameras.  One that I plug in is fine, but for going away I want a smaller camera with batteries.  That way I can have two or three batteries with me in case I am somewhere and the power runs out.  With the Minolta, I would have to find somewhere to plug it in and wait an hour.

In any case, I thought I would show you one photo today.  Everyone knows about my Peep addiction.  So Joe and Elaine supplied me with Christmas Peeps.  (They are all gone.  After all, I did have over a week to eat them!)


Snowmen (2 packages), Christmas trees (2 packages), Stockings, and a Peeps Vanilla Cream pop (4 Peeps chicks on a stick).  Yum!

Now I have to wait until Valentine's Day for more Peeps.  It's a good thing they don't sell them year round or I would weigh a ton!

Today Joe's cousin, Crystal, is coming over to help me clean up the house.  I sometimes almost pass out when I lean over to get things off of the floor.  Darn this a-fib.  She is much younger than I am and is going to help me with stuff I can't do anymore.  Growing old is not for the faint of heart.

It is getting late.  Crystal will be here in 2 1/2 hours.  I have to get showered, dressed, feed the cats and eat before she gets here.  I want to run a load of wash and get the dishes done too.  So I am off of here.  Have a wonderful day everyone!

Kathy






5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Kathy! It is an ambitious project to blog every day. My blogging is less and less frequent as the years go on, but I do hope to do better than last year! I think it's great that you have someone coming to help you clean. It's good to recognize when we need help with something. Glad you enjoyed your Peeps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. That is very nice of Crystal to come over and help you with your cleaning and organizing. Glad you enjoyed your Peeps. I did not realize that there are Peeps for other holidays, other than Easter. Good to see you in Blogland. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you decided to get a new camera and hopefully your other camera will show up again. Hiding somewhere. I am thankful that you have someone to help you clean your house. I have to be careful bending over as my back muscles hurt at times. Your peeps look yummy. I did buy candies that were on clearance end of Christmas season today and yesterday. Not alot but enough to share with friends. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing for Crystal & you that she is coming over to help you! Maybe you'll find the lost camera. You certainly did get a great
    peeps selection. Apparently there are quite a lot of fans as I see them
    in many different ways.
    My microwave died. :( Guess I'll have to make a trip to Target to
    get a new one. Maybe after I see what the forecast brings.Not about
    to try in snow or pouring rain. Hope you & Crystal have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy, you really have an ambitious project to post every day, even I find myself unable to do that as reading other blogs takes up quite a bit of time. But kudos to you for setting this goal and also for getting help to do household cleaning and decluttering. I hope that Crystal will be a big help to you both this new year. Good luck too with finding another camera that works well for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.