Saturday, December 30, 2023

YES, IT'S REALLY ME


 Hello, friends.  I know that I'm not on here very often anymore, but I've been very busy on YouTube doing Vlogmas.  I had no idea how hard that would be before I began or I wouldn't have done it.  But I did and now it's over.  But...  I can't seem to stop posting videos.  I keep finding things I want to share.  I know that after the New Year things will calm down so I am enjoying it now.

I hope you all had a great Christmas.  Joe and I went to visit my sister.  We left here later than I wanted to, but the roads were pretty empty and we made really good time.  The only problem was that I wasn't paying attention and missed the turn off to Route 202.  We ended up in...  well, we have no idea where we were.  Fortunately Joe had the GPS on his phone and we didn't lose a lot of time finding our way back to where we were supposed to be.  And we saw a beautiful part of New Jersey that we didn't know existed!

We kept saying that we were going to scale back on our gifts and we did but we all still got so much.  I think the three of us are very spoiled.  Of course you know I got Peeps.  Stockings, snowmen, trees, a Peeps Pop (five chicks on a skewer).  Joe and Elaine spoil me.

Elaine made a great dinner for us.  She had prime rib, potatoes, asparagus with hollandaise sauce and rolls.  Cookies for dessert.  It was wonderful.  Of course we pulled our crackers and wore our crowns through dinner.

You might notice that there are no pictures with this post.  That is because I have lost my camera.  I had it when I got home because I parked in the lot across the street, saw the beautiful lights on the houses, took the camera and shot some video and took a photo, then grabbed several bags of gifts to take into the house.  I had the bags, my purse, my cane and was in a lot of pain so I took a long time getting into the house.  A little bit later I looked for my camera to look at the pictures and it was gone.  I have gone through all the bags, Joe has gone through the car and searched the lot where I was parked, we searched the house, my purse, my coat pockets and nothing.  I am so sad because I had such beautiful pictures.

But I am not without a camera because Joe gave me a Minolta vlogging camera for Christmas.  It is really nice but there is a huge learning curve.  I have been using it to post some videos on YouTube, but I can't get it to do everything I would like it to.  I am sure that in a few weeks I will be a pro but in the meantime...

It was a great Christmas and I hope you had a good day too.  I hope to be back here soon.  Have a great day everyone. 






7 comments:

  1. So glad you had a nice Christmas get together with your sister, Kathy, despite no photos, it was obviously a wonderful day. Sorry to read about the loss of your camera 😟 and can understand your dismay at losing the photos as well. Sending our best wishes to you and Joe for a Happy end of year and a good 2024 ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to see a post from you! I am so sorry you can't find your camera but maybe it will show up where you least expect to find it. I am glad you had a nice Christmas and that you got a new camera to play with. Happy New Year to you! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year sweet friend! I hope you find your camera and learn the new one too. Hugs to you both, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like despite the wrong turn, everyone enjoyed their Christmas get-together !
    Hoping your camera turns up, that can be so distressing :(
    Wishing you and Joe a Happy and Healthy New Year, and hope to see you in 2024.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you found a way to back your sister's house. I have done that once in awhile myself. I hope you find you camera eventually. Megan misplaced her disability placard so she was able to get another one. She found it later in her car. Gone now but still has the new one. Just the 3 of us for Christmas. I need to get up and do get lunch for myself and something to drink. I slept ok but now I am tired. Most likely still recovering from my procedure I had early December. I am glad I am able to walk even with my cane. Hugs and Happy, healthy and blessed New Year to you and Joe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy! I have been watching all of your youtubes and hope you will continue to post often. So sorry you lost your camera. I hope it shows up. Glad you had a nice birthday with fun surprises. I hope that you and Joe have a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you & Joe had a good Christmas. Sorry about the camera.
    Just when you are familiar with the new one the old one will show up.
    When you least expect it! Blessed & joyous New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.