Thursday, January 4, 2024

FOUR DAYS IN A ROW


 

Hello, friends.  I am writing to you again.  Four days in a row!  Let's see how long I can keep this up.  I know I have been ignoring this blog for quite awhile.  And while I do enjoy doing YouTube videos, I also enjoy writing.

So how are all of you?  I hope you are doing well in this new year.

Yesterday Joe's cousin Crystal came over to help us clean up the house.  She is one of his younger cousins.  Young enough to be our kid.  And having the young energy around was really great.  She looked around the house, saw how bad it has gotten and instead of judging us, said, "We can do this!"  So encouraging!  We worked picking things up (well she did since I can't bend over without passing out) and going through things for two hours.  We got an entire recycling can full and a trash bag out of the living room.  We recycle way more than we throw out.  When I worked for the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, I became very recycling conscious.  She is going to come back a couple of times a week until we have the house cleaned out.  For the first time in a very long time I am hopeful of getting things under control and my spirits are much higher than they have been in a long time.

For Christmas my sister gave me a box of twelve really cute nailpolishes.  They are very small bottles and are great colors.  One color for each month of the year!  I chose the sparkly gold color for January.  It looks great.  I wanted to take a picture of it to show you but...  I can't find my new camera.  

Well, things are so upset from trying to declutter that I can't find much at the moment.  It is going to be a decluttering marathon for several months.  But it will be so much better when we are done.  Then I can clean.

Today Joe wants to run to the Christian bookstore to see about getting a Bible imprinted.  I don't know if that will happen because he is really tired from not being able to sleep last night.  He finally went to bed around 4:30 a.m. after being up and down all night.  He went to bed a decent time, but just couldn't sleep.  He does, however, have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, so he has to be up for that.

And then there's the storm coming.  The last I heard was we were going to get mostly rain with maybe a little snow.  But where my sister lives, they are expecting a lot of snow.  Please pray for her because she works a long way from home and has quite a drive in her commute.  Plus she has to shovel out her driveway when she gets home before she can park.

Thank you for all your comments and encouragement as I get back into blogging.  You guys mean so much to me.  I feel as if you are my family.  Thanks for sticking with me.  Last year was hard for me.  This year seems much better.

Until later...



5 comments:

  1. So happy to hear Crystal was such a help. Encouragement goes a
    long way. With her assistance I'm sure you'll be caught up in no time.
    Hope Joe gets a good report from his doctor.
    Families come in all forms. Glad you feel that way as we are
    family! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing for Crystal to come help! I'm trying to declutter too, it feels so nice to get things cleared out. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year sweet friend. I'm so glad you have some help to get things under control. I know it's frustrating when you are not well enough to do what you want to do. I hope today is a good one for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will feel so much better and lighter when the decluttering is done. Cleaning will be do much easier too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy! I enjoy both your blog posts and your Youtubes. I feel like see more of you and Joe than some members of my own family! That is so nice that Crystal is coming to help you with organizing your home. Such a blessing! We are expecting a lot of snow out here over the weekend as well. Prayers that your sister can drive safely in the snow. So good to see you blogging again! See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.