Tuesday, January 2, 2024

2024 DAY TWO

 It is already evening of the second day of this new year.  But it doesn't seem like a new year to me.  It just seems like another day in another month.  Usually the new year is fresh and exciting to me, but for some reason not this year.  Are any of you feeling that way?  Maybe it is me.  Maybe I am strange.

We are expecting a big snow storm this weekend.  It will be the first snow we have had in over 700 days.  Literally two years.  I do not like snow.  It is pretty to look at, but that is about it.  I hope that whatever we get does not last long.  With my bad knees I am hesitant to leave the house when snow is on the ground.  And I don't like driving in it either.

Today I tried to clean up a bit, but didn't get a lot accomplished.  I am still trying though.  A bit here and a bit there and it begins to look better.  Actually, doing my YouTube channel helps because I see things in the video that I don't notice in real life.  I saw that my fridge needed a bit of help (fingerprints and such) so I got that taken care of today.  After dinner I will hopefully do a bit more picking up.  No matter how much I do, there is always more to do.

Since we did not have our pork dinner last night, we are having it tonight.  I am roasting it now and it smells wonderful.  I have fresh Brussels sprouts which I am going to have too.  I was going to have potatoes, but instead I am going to make some garlic bread.  Something a little different.

Sunday I was looking for something to read at breakfast (I usually have a book with me at the table since I eat breakfast alone).  I went to my bookcase and started pulling books out to see what I had.  I found a Debbie Macomber book that I had never read.  It is called "Dashing Through the Snow."  I like Debbie Macomber, so I began reading it.  I am already through chapter 6.  I am limiting myself to two chapters a day to make it last.  It is not the same as a lot of her other books and I am intrigued.  I will let you know about it when I finish.

But now I really smell the pork roast, so I have to go out and take care of it.  Talk to you all again soon.

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. We are supposed to get a big snowstorm this weekend too and we really need the moisture it provides! I don't like to drive or walk in the snow either. As I get older, fear of falling becomes a real thing! I hope you and Joe stay safe - warm and cozy in your home. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dinner sounds delicious! Enjoy your book! I don't think I have read that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get what you mean about the new year being 'fresh'. For me, it'll
    be a year of changes in lifestyle & decisions at the passing of my husband. Or maybe that word should be challenges? My faith in God
    is strong & I know He'll see me through.
    I am so happy you have gotten a few things done. Baby steps are
    still steps!! Go my friend!
    I am not looking forward to the storm either. Slipping & falling
    is a concern. Ice even more so. You & Joe get stocked up & stay
    snuggled in!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.