Friday, January 5, 2024

NOT MUCH GOING ON

 Today was a really mixed up day.  I was all at odds.  Mostly because I woke up, took my first dose of medicine, did a few morning things, and then fell asleep again and didn't wake up until almost 10:00 a.m.!  I jumped out of bed and started to get myself ready for the day.  I was expecting Crystal to come over between 10:00 and 10:30.  But when she didn't show up, I called her.  It turns out she was expecting us to call her and OK her coming.  We thought she was just going to come.  So now it is set for Monday morning for her to come.

I did get one table and the floor around it cleaned off.  Every little thing helps.  Right now I am concentrating on getting the living room cleaned up because that is what you see first when you open the front door.  Although I am thinking of doing the kitchen next week.  I hate the kitchen right now.  I want to change the counter space, get the floor all picked up, get rid of excess plates, cups, etc.  I do love dishes and end up buying all kinds of things because I like them.  Now I have no room!  So maybe we will move out there next week.

But enough of that.  Getting my house under control this year is my New Year's Resolution and I am doing my best to keep it.

I bought a new pair of shoes from Amazon today.  Well I bought them the other day and they were delivered today.  I needed a black pair of shoes.  My old ones are a mess.  The new ones are so comfortable and look so nice.  I am hard on shoes and they don't last very long so I don't usually buy expensive shoes.  I did buy $60 shoes once and they didn't last any longer than my $20 shoes did.  So...



Now I am going to end and get dinner ready.  I have a spaghetti squash that I want to use.  I'm trying to use up all my veggies before they go bad.  So many times I forget what I have and find it ... uh... later.

Trying to blog every day in January and so far, so good.  See you later.

4 comments:

  1. I understand about the veggies going bad before using. Working at getting better at this. 2024 is here and I'm off to a great start. All the best to you as you work on the house. I'm doing the same. ~d on the Kansas prairie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute shoes, Kathy! Yes, I can relate to finding veggies that have been in the fridge too long.... You are inspiring me to post more and work on getting rid of things I don't need and do more organizing in our home. That is so nice that Crystal is coming to help you! I love to see you in blog land an on Youtube. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the shoes! I agree about the higher priced shoes. Some I
    will not skimp on. Keds are my sneakers of choice & i can usually
    find a sale. I am hard on sneakers so I know what you mean.
    Glad to hear you're getting a handle on things. Bless Crystal!
    Sometimes an extra hand helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here in trying to not waster veggies and use them before they go bad, Kathy. We also bought a spaghetti squash to use with an open jar of tomato sauce, great minds think alike! Too bad about the mis-up in communication with Crystal. Also, good luck with the new pair of shoes, I always need to try them on first so can't buy online.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.