Thursday, January 11, 2024

HOW MUCH FOOD CAN ONE FAMILY EAT?




 Hello, friends!  First of all, I want to thank all of you for your kind words.  I know I shouldn't let negative people bother me, but I'm human and it does.  But having all of you behind me helps so much.  I'm so grateful and happy that you like my blog (and YouTube) so much.  I am just an ordinary person living an ordinary life in an ordinary part of this wonderful country.  I know that everyone is the same and at the same time different in all the world.  That really blows my mind sometimes.

When I was in college, my history professor went around the room asking each of us why we wanted to major in history.  Different ones said different things of course.  I said because I wanted to learn about people.  All people.  In different times and places.  How they lived.  What they thought.  Who they loved.  Who they hated.  What they wore.  Why?  I love people and wanted to know everything about them.  He told me that I was in the wrong class, that I should be a sociologist!

At any rate, yesterday was a busy day.  It began with me being woken up by a knock at the door.  It was a delivery from Walmart.  Joe had wanted soup and ordered some online.  Lots of soup.  I am not a soup person, but one of them, the chicken pot pie soup, looks interesting.  I may open a can and have it for lunch today.

Then at 9:00 a.m. I had to run to Shoprite to pick up my order.  It is getting harder and harder for me to walk through stores, so I order online and go pick it up.  The girl who checked me out asked if I needed help with getting it into the car and I said no.  But when I got to the car, I found out just how heavy it was.  Next time I'm going to say yes.

When I got home, I filmed it all before I put it away.  I have been looking for something to put up on YouTube and this was perfect.  If you head over to my channel, you can see my entire three orders.  (I went to Lidl the other day and included that too.)


I'm continuing on with my kitchen declutter.  I cancelled Crystal coming over yesterday and made it for Friday.  It is just too much for me.  I think I will make it for Monday and Friday from now on.  I just can't make myself sick in order to get the house under control.  I am making great progress.  Who knew that you could collect so much "junk" in 40 years of living in one place?

Well, I am going to get off of here and get some breakfast.  I was up very late last night.  Joe and I were talking until about 2 a.m.!  But it was a good talk about things we needed to make some decisions on.  I don't have anything planned for today.  The first day all week with nothing going on.  So I needed to sleep in anyway.

See you all soon.

Kathy






9 comments:

  1. I sure hope you know we enjoy you and your blog, Kathy! I have bad comments...critical comments come in too and just delete them. I don't know why people like to find fault with every little thing. I don't put much personal on my blog any more for that very reason. Don't get discouraged my friend. You are doing great and getting things done. Well done for the new year! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped by and read this like I was having coffee with a friend. 🙂 It was a nice visit! I love history too. Same reasons.

    Have a blessed day! 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy! I watched you Youtube grocery haul this morning. I always like to hear about what you and Joe are up to. I majored in history and journalism in college. I did not know you were a history major! My youngest son who is in college right now is also majoring in history. He is going to graduate this summer. My husband majored in accounting, but loves history, and his dad majored in history at the University of Utah. There are lots of history buffs in our family, so I was interested to hear that you also majored in history. Where did you go to college? There are so many great and famous universities right there in Philadelphia. I hope you have a good weekend and get some rest from cleaning up with Crystal! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Lavender Dreamer. I think your blog is like a comfy visit with a friend. I do get some interesting ideas for dinner
    from your haul.
    I think Monday & Friday are good choices for your 'declutter days'.
    It gives you a bit of breathing room in between. I'm so glad you have her to help you & are accomplishing so much.
    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear that some comments are mean. Those comments just go back to that person. I can't tell you to ignore them because I know if it were me, I'd read through them anyway. I do think that if you could tell they were discouraging comments, read the first sentence and delete it. I did that once and continue to do it on replies of a comment I had made on a blog. You are a gem and I'm so happy to know Crystal is helping you with your clear out. It's amazing how much we accumulate through the years:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, I also was sorry to read that you had received comments from mean-spirited folks. There is simply no reason for that to have happened except that those folks are ignorant and should be ignored and any future comments deleted immediately. Glad you are getting help from Crystal and doing a little bit at a time will get the job done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my current blog post, I also wrote about people leaving disparaging comments either on a post or otherwise and how supportive other bloggers are as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Kathy! Surprise, it's me =) I'm anxious to catch up to see what all you and Joe have been up to...it's time for me to blog AND read blogs more often!!
    I love curbside pickups. Target. Walmart, and BJ's are my usual. They do a really good job. When I decide to shop in store, especially Target, I don't know where anything is! Plus I find it less enjoyable than I once did.
    I love visiting with you ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy and Happy New Year! I enjoyed your video and all the items you bought. We shop once a week and we make out a menu and take a list. I can't imagine buying for a month but it would be great to only go to the store once a month! I don't know why people have to make negative comments. If they don't like something just move on. I do my blog as a journal and don't really care what folks think about it but it does hurt sometimes. Anyway, congrats on decluttering. It is amazing how much we accumulate. I was just kidding my hubby this morning that he needs to declutter his magazines! Ha! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.