Sunday, March 15, 2020

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?



Hello, everyone!  Happy Sunday!  I hope you have all had a good day.  Mine started out bad, but got better as the day went on.  

Not many people were at church this morning.  I don't know if the missing ones thought we were closed or if they were sick.  But we were happy for the ones that showed up.

So let me show you some of the meals we have been having over the past couple of weeks.

Here is dinner from Wednesday, February 26 that I found on my tablet when I was moving pictures over to my computer.  I made the Pioneer Woman's macaroni and cheese.  It is a favorite at my house.  That along with a few meatballs is an entire meal for us.



On Monday, March 2, we had a pork roast and some summer vegetables.  The roast was really tender and juicy.  The veggies were a little spicy which I really liked.


This is the new frozen summer vegetables I used.  They are from Pictsweet Farms and were new to me but I will get them again.  The cracked pepper seasoning was good.


We had the leftover pork roast the next day.  I added mixed vegetables and spinach noodles.  I didn't think I would like the noodles, but they were pretty good.  I put butter, salt and pepper on them.  I am not a big fan of noodles and probably wouldn't have eaten them on my own, but I am trying to use up all our noodles.  How did I get so many bags of noodles?


Thursday, March 5 we had baked salmon, corn bread, and fresh asparagus.  I love asparagus and we are coming into the peak season for it.


On Saturday, March 7 we had chicken thighs in the air fryer, mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables.  An old standby but so good.


Last Wednesday Joe had his veterans meeting so I had dinner alone.  I finished up the left over salmon and added a baked potato.  You can see it's on the sofa.  I usually eat watching TV when he isn't here.


And, of course, last night Joe had a pizza and I had pasta.




That's it for recent dinners.  Did you get some ideas for your dinner?  If I inspired you with something, please let me know in the comments.  I'd love to know what you made.

And now it's time to get tonight's dinner on.  I'm having breaded flounder filet, and some kind of veggie.  I have to see what is in the freezer.  With the scarcity of food in the grocery stores (or so I've been told, I'll find out tomorrow) I am going to have to be creative with our meals.  But I grew up poor and know how to make things stretch.  I know we will be fine.

Enjoy your evening and I will see you again soon.

Kathy



6 comments:

  1. I love baked potatoes! We eat very little pork but your roast looked very good.
    Our church was canceled and we have not been going anywhere. Ellen has a Dr appointment tomorrow afternoon and we will do that....other shopping we usually do when we go to that appointment will not be done this time. Not eating out either....this too shall pass! Take care, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our church-and most others here-cancelled. I watched a mini version on you tube from our church...but it is okay if people are self isolating and not attending. This is unusual...never in my lifetime...take care of yourself...stay home and well...prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your meals look good. Most churches are making adjustments because of the virus. Because my dearest is in the high risk category, we stayed home and watch Grace to You, Dr. John MacArthur live stream on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, yes, I love seeing what your have for dinner. You must be a very good cook. I have tried some of your recipes. I hope you have a great week and can find everything you need at the grocery store tomorrow. You and Joe stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy seeing what you're making; it gives me ideas! I've had the spinach noodles & prefer them with grated cheese.Noodles seem to be a 'go-to' for most people. That's probably how you accumulated them.I keep some on hand but my go-to is minute rice. I pour chunky soups over it,pot pies: a bunch of stuff!
    Stay safe & enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing your recipes Kathy, it helps with the meal planning each week.
    Now off to look for the Pioneer Woman's cheese and macaroni recipe :)
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.