Thursday, March 5, 2020

IT'S A TARGET RUN


Hello and welcome to my blog!  I am trying to make this before midnight, so let's see how I do.

This morning I had a date.  I picked up my friend Donna, and we headed for this place.



Neither of us had been to Target in a long time.  And we hadn't hung out together in a long time either.  I was able to find handicapped parking and we headed inside, each with our cart to check things out.  I wanted to hit up the Dollar Spot and Donna needed to get cat food.  So we split up and agreed to meet at Starbucks in half an hour.

I was a little disappointed with the Dollar Spot.  I thought they would have more for St. Patrick's Day and Easter.  But there were just a few things there.  There were a bunch of gel clings of shamrocks and such.  But Joe hates those gel clings, so I didn't get any.

There were a bunch of St. Patrick's Day paper napkins that were kind of cute.



There were four, yes four, pair of shamrock socks.  And they weren't even nice looking and kind of cheaply made.  You know I didn't get those. 

But there was a lot of gardening stuff.  I looked at some metal stakes but they just didn't appeal to me.  There was a big bin of gardening gloves, but I don't need a new pair.



Can you believe they had some beach stuff out?  On the bottom shelf in the middle of this picture are some beach towels.



And they had these mesh tote bags.  I guess they would be good for the beach, but not something I would have a need for.



I did like these little wooden signs.  Some said "Hello Spring" and some said "Every path has it's puddles."  Cute.  There were some others also.  And there were candles in nice ceramic jars.  But again, nothing I needed.  I was beginning to think that I was going to come away from there having bought nothing.  That would have been OK, but I was disappointed in their selection of spring items this year.  Oh, I just saw that little kid's gardening set on the bottom shelf.  If I had seen it in the store I would have gotten it for Hadley.  I might have to go back.



There were gardening journals with pages and cards where you could record when you planted things, what they looked like each week, and if they were vegetables, when you harvested them.  That was cool.



I was looking for spring pillows, but this was all they had.  I really didn't want black and white to go on my brown furniture, so I didn't get them.



Sorry this next picture is a little blurry.  They had the most beautiful silk flowers and leaves.  Gorgeous!  But I didn't want to spend $3 for one flower.



There were cute little ceramic bowls and vases.  I really liked them.



I was done with the Dollar Spot, so I wandered down the aisle at the front of the store.  I looked in the health and beauty section and the stationery section.  Lots of pretty things.  Then I made my way to housewares.  Finally some spring and Easter items.



The bunny plates were adorable.  So were the checkered ones.  I was very tempted by them.



These Easter dish towels were so cute!  I was tempted by them too.  But did I need more dishtowels when I have so many they won't all fit in the drawer in the kitchen?  And do I need a dishtowel that costs $6?   I decided no.  But they are adorable.  *sigh*



These spring mugs were so pretty.  And so were the little flower shaped bowls and the flowered plates.



The mugs were saying just what I've been thinking for the past week.  "Hello Spring!"



So what do you think I ended up getting?  I did get a few things.  Let me show you.

I got these little terracotta pots with seed starters for some flowers:  Cosmos, Coneflower and Sunflower.  They were $1 each so even if they don't grow, I'm not out a lot of money.  But I hope I will have flowers to plant in my yard.



My friend just had a birthday.  I still have her gift.  I got her a few little things and added this cute glass vase to the bag.  It's about 6 inches high (16 cm).



This next item I just couldn't resist.  It is a cookie cutter in the shape of Pennsylvania.  I wonder if Targets in other states have their state cookie cutters.  It was only $1 and I couldn't pass it up for that.  Especially since Pennsylvania Charter Day is March 8th.  It is 339 years ago that William Penn was given a charter for the Commonwealth by King Charles II of England.  I think Pennsylvania shaped sugar cookies are the perfect way to celebrate.



Another thing I found was this Glade candle scented Bamboo Bliss Song.  It has Lotus Blossom, Honeysuckle and Moss scents and is so clean and fresh smelling.  I have been burning a sugar cookie scented candle (basically vanilla scent) over the winter so I am ready for a change.  This is wonderful.



And finally...
I went back and got the bunny plates.  One pink edged and one green edged.  They were only $3 each.  I have Christmas plates, but no Easter ones.  Now I do.  I think I am in love with them.



I spent only $15 and was very happy with that.  I am getting things out of the house, not bringing them in.  This was nice.

I met up with Donna at Starbucks.  We were going to eat there, but the snack bar was closed.  So we decided to go to Shoprite to eat.  And I will tell you about that tomorrow.

Have a good night everyone.

Kathy




9 comments:

  1. How pretty the dishes are! So many nice things for spring! I'm doing the same thing you are. While I may like or admire something, I may not need or even want to own it. The cookie cutter is unique. I thought like you,if the other states had their state. Looking forward to seeing your flowers grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. I have been disappointed by Target lately as well and dont go there often. Glad you did find some fun things though. It's alway more to gte more stuff out of the house than we bring in. I am trying to do that as well. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those bunny plates! I may have to go to Target this weekend and see what they have. I've had a PA cookie cutter for years and I've never used it. Thanks for telling me about our charter day. Maybe I'll whip up some cookies on Sunday. Have a great day and weekend.

    By the way, if you didn't catch my last comment, I had to start a new blog because of something going kaflooey with the old one. The new blog is at: http://greatday64.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info on your blog. I will hop onover theretovisit you.

      Delete
  4. Your bunny plates are pretty. And I love your choice of flowers to plant. How can they call that a Dollar Store. Our Dollar Store doesn't have anything over $1. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sometimes very disappointed with the $bins at Target, too. Once in a while though, I hit a bonanza and find some cute things. Love all your purchases but the plates are my favorites. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy going with you on these shopping trips. I’ll be at Target next week so will check for a Maine-shaped cookie cutter. I have seen cutting boards in various state shapes. Of all the cute things you’ve shown, the vase you purchased for your friend is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Target is Amber’s Happy Place! The quads love it, too!
    Love your bunny plates!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was so much fun reading about your Target trip! I was at Target twice recently but didn't browse much. Meeting at Sarbucks, it's hard for me to resist their coffee. But you aren't a coffee drinker are you?
    Off to read your next post ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.