Saturday, March 7, 2020

GROCERY HAUL




Hello, friends!  Happy Sunday to everyone.  I am looking forward to our church service this morning.  Our pastor is doing a fantastic series on the book of Romans and I'm anxious to hear what comes next. Pastor is on vacation in two weeks, so Joe will be filling the pulpit.  I typed up his message today.  It is the first draft and he has some work to do on it, but it is very good.  The wife always hears the sermon a few times before the actual delivery.  At least this one does.

Let me continue with my story from last time.  Donna and I found out that we couldn't have lunch at Target, so headed out to Shoprite.  There is a Shoprite in the next block from Target, but I don't like to eat there.  The food court is OK, but there is a bigger selection at the new one.  So that is where we went.

We had a nice lunch and spent some time talking.  But then we both shopped.  I have been doing a big grocery shopping once a month and just a few necessities during the rest of the month.  This was the big shopping day, so let me show you what I got.  We were out of a lot of things.

Bacon was on sale.  So was the shredded mozzarella cheese.  We were out of both.  I like keeping shredded cheese in the house even if I don't have a specific recipe in mind.  It comes in so handy so many times.  Joe had just eaten the last hot dog, so I got them.  And some lunchmeat -- ham and swiss cheese.


And meat.  Meatloaf mix, a ham slice, brown sugar sausage, salmon fillet (also on sale), ground beef and stewing beef.  It was good to see the freezer full again.


We were completely out of milk.  I had sent Joe to 7-11 a few days before but the only milk he could get was regular whole milk.  That was OK because I was using it in baking.  But to drink, we need the lactose free milk.


The frozen vegetables were on sale for 99 cents a bag.  I got 6 bags:  Asian stir fry, broccoli, California blend, green beans, wax beans and carrots, mixed vegetables, and broccoli. sugar snap peas and carrots.  The freezer is looking much better.


Of course there's always some non-food items you need.  Storage bags and bathroom cups were it for us this time.


Joe asked for fresh fruit.  I got him bananas, Anjou pears, and Jazz apples.  I also got Roma tomatoes, carrots and celery to make a salad.  I already had the lettuce.



The box has some breaded flounder fillet.  I also got some chicken thighs, and hot dog rolls to go with the hot dogs I bought.


More shredded cheese.  Cheddar this time.  And eggs. 


Always the cat food.  Jack was out and was happy to see me bring this in.  And don't think he didn't know.  He did.  I also bought some cat liter but it is heavy and I left it in the car for Joe to bring in.  I got a new kind of treats, not knowing if he would like them.  He loves them!


I knew I needed tomato sauce and paste when I went to make the ground beef recipe and had to use the tomato soup.  So I got that and a case of water because we were all out of that too.


And that's it.  Already the list is starting for the next shopping trip.

I took Donna and her groceries home and then headed home myself.  We were saying that we must make time to get together more often.  We always have fun.

Hope you have fun today.  I will be seeing you very soon.

Kathy



5 comments:

  1. What a haul! It's always fun getting together with a friend or two. Looking forward to hearing Joe speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that should fill your pantry for quite some time !
    We can't seem to stay out of the grocery store, especially since my husband retired, he's always shopping for more....
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a lot of good food! Fun to shop with a friend too. Now we will want to see you make with all that food, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great grocery haul. Glad you had a nice yime with your friend. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was quite a shopping trip! You should be good for at least another week. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.