Saturday, March 21, 2020

WE MADE IT THROUGH THE FIRST WEEK


Hello, friends!  How is everyone?  We are actually doing really well and enjoying our Spring.  We are having morning church tomorrow and Joe is the guest speaker while Pastor is away.  He is looking over his message now while I type this.

Our next-door neighbor is the worship leader at his church on Wednesday nights and has agreed to be the guest music tomorrow.  He has chosen some really great songs and I am excited to introduce him to the people that will show up.

According to what people tell me, we will have 6 or 7 people there tomorrow.  So we are not breaking any laws by meeting.  I film the message each week so it will be online for the other congregants to see later.

Well, we made it through the first week of all the shutdowns and cut backs in our country.  We haven't been all that affected.  We don't go out that much because we can't afford it.  And I think we are actually saving some money by things being shut.  But I feel so badly for those businesses affected by everything happening.  Some people are in bad shape moneywise from these cutbacks.

I am so sorry that I had to monitor my comments.  I basically let anyone say whatever they want as long as they are polite about it.  But when an anonymous person spews not only hate, but threats to kill me, I have to do something.  So please continue to leave me comments and I will get them on the post as soon as possible.  Thank you so much for understanding.

When rearranging the freezer earlier this week, I found a box of Pillsbury ready to bake cookies that I had forgotten all about.  So Joe baked them off for me tonight.  They smell so good.  And they will get eaten even if they do have a picture of a snowman on them.  😉

Every day there is so much that I want to do, but end up sleeping from my medicine and get nothing done.  It is so frustrating.  I really need a different blood pressure medication.

I am going to get off of here and finish the things I need to do before I go to bed.  Just wanted to check in with all of you.

Have a good night everyone!

Kathy





7 comments:

  1. You are so good to check in with us all. I live by myself and miss being with people, and am happy to say that with this sunny weather my sons have each delivered groceries for me and stayed to chat on the front flagstone patio. I hope you get your medication adjusted to the way you like it. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a period of time that we will all remember, no doubt. Be safe and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thought of snowman cookies made me smile. Wish we'd had just a bit of snow this year.. :( I am enjoying the bit of spring we're having though. Sorry to hear about your meds. Hopefully they can be adjusted.
    I,too,feel for all affected by the closings & cutbacks. When walking the dogs it seems so eerie early in the morning.So far,I've been able to get what I need at the store with maybe a few changes (flavors,frozen vs fresh etc). Guess I'll catch up on more reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are handling this time very well. Those cookies sound delicious. You be safe and have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy. That same horrible comment has shown up on several blogs. Could be spam or some angry person who is taking frustration and fear out on others. I am glad you are monitoring your comments. I love reading your blog and how you and Joe are keeping your spirits up during this challenging time. I will look forward to your next post. Stay well. God bless you and Joe! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care Kathy as I fear there are harder times ahead certainly for us here in the UK as the epidemic has yet to peak here. We are about 2 weeks behind Italy and according to the news yesterday they had a decrease in cases.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So behind in commenting...Wow, you had church! Will you be able to this coming Sunday? I'm missing our church so much and will be sooo glad when this is all over. But I want it not to happen too soon so we can all be well. Please take care! Wish your medicine wasn't causing you to be so sleepy....but you may as well sleep right now since you aren't missing much of anything going on ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.