Saturday, March 14, 2020

A SATURDAY THIS AND THAT


Hello, friends.  Hope you are all having a great evening and being safe and healthy during this time of COVID-19.  So much of our life has changed.  Just about everything is closed down around here and I guess it is the same with you.

So to keep you occupied during this time, here is what has been going on with me.  I have not been sick, just very busy this week.  Blogger sort of gets pushed to the back when life happens.

Rick wasn't feeling well, so it was just Joe and me at the nursing home on Monday.  The meeting room was being used, so we met outside under the pergola.  The weather was in the 70's and so nice and warm.  It was wonderful to meet outside and the ladies all seemed to enjoy it.  It must be nice to get out of your room and get outside.  After the service we just hung around and talked to them for about a half an hour.  One of the ladies that I thought was in her 80s told us that on April 1 she will be 100 years old!  I can only hope I look and act that good when I'm 100.

Also on Monday it was a Full Worm Moon.  It is called a worm moon because this is the time of year that worms begin to emerge from their winter hibernation.  I went outside to try to get a photo of it.  This was the best of the ones I shot.  I didn't have my tripod set up and my breathing and heartbeat threw off a lot of them.  The line you see across the moon is the electrical line across the street from me.


Tuesday morning I taught the Ladies Bible Study.  We are going through the book of Titus.  I have never studied it so in depth before and it is so interesting.  Afterwards Debbie, Kathy and I stopped off at Salvation Army and made donations.  Yes, more things out of my house!

It has been a week since the time change.  I am still having a hard time getting used to it.  The day seems to rush past me.  Two hours seem like one to me.  One thing I don't like is that it is now dark in the morning when I wake up.  The sun doesn't come up until close to 8:00 a.m.  On Wednesday morning I took this photo from the kitchen window while making breakfast.  This was around 6:00 a.m.


About a half hour later it was beginning to lighten a little when I took this picture.  You can see the moon is setting and has moved behind the trees.


A sure sign of warmer weather is when the ice cream truck starts to come around.  Joe knows the guy across the street from us who owns the local truck.  We heard the music on Wednesday afternoon and I said I could go for some ice cream.  So he went across the street and came back with two sundaes.  They were good.  (Excuse the pile of ironing waiting for me in the background.)


Saint Patrick's Day is coming up.  I have the front window decorated.


And the front door too.  Sorry it's kind of dark.  This wreath of shamrocks is all shades of green and of course there are some sparkling gold shamrocks in there too.  I'll take a better picture of it in the daylight this week.


Today is Pi Day.  3.14 or March 14.  I was going to make a pie, but that just didn't get done.  So we had a pizza pie for dinner instead.  Well, Joe had the pizza.  He loves pizza.



I had Pasta Primavera.  It was good and I ate every bite.  And I don't like pasta!  It was penne pasta with tomatoes, spinach, sweet onion and mushrooms in a cheesy alfredo sauce.  I loved it.


I need to get off of here and get to bed so I can get up for church tomorrow.  Our congregation is tiny so we have no problem staying open.  At least for now.  It is less than 50 people so I think we are OK for the time being.  But our nursing home service is shut down for at least two weeks.  Naturally.  There are only 4 or 5 ladies in the Bible Study on Tuesday, so I am keeping that going.  Usually about the same on Wednesday night.  If worse comes to worse, I have lots of videos from Sunday morning still to post.  I got way behind on it.  Our people can still hear the word.  And there are a lot of other good messages on YouTube from some fantastic ministers.

Well, now I really will end.  As I do I will leave you with some computer coloring pages I have done in the last few days.  They are so beautiful that I had to save them.  My brother told me to print them out and frame them.  I just might.

Have a good night and I will see you later.

Kathy







5 comments:

  1. Love the morning moon photos! Glad you & Joe are feeling well. The sundae & pasta look delicious! More things are closing which I understand. I'm trying to get my 2 dogs a dental & groomed in case they close. Stay pawsitive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy hearing what is going on at your home; what you are eating and the decorations. Glad your church can have service....ours is going to be streamed online so I can 'go' that way. Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy! Good to hear that you are well. I always love your blog posts and hearing about what is going on with you and Joe in Philly! I love those pictures of the moon! Good job! Our church and all church activities are shut down until further notice, so we will have church at home today. I would love the links to the service at your church which you said you are posting. The pizza and pasta you had for dinner last night look so good. Thanks for your always positive posts. I always look forward to them. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, that ice cream sundae looks so good!! I love pizza too but I need to eat it GF....and am happy to have found some good ones. Your coloring pictures are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, that pizza and pasta looks so scrumptious, it's making me hungry. And that sundae, oh my. I do love my ice cream. Your coloring pages are beautiful. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.