Tuesday, August 27, 2019

THIS AND THAT



Hello, friends!  I thought I would throw in a little this and that post since I really don't have a lot to say lately.  I don't want you to think I have deserted you though.

The school that my pastor's wife teaches at is opening tomorrow.  That sounds impossible.  Didn't the summer just begin?  But already the air is getting cooler and I think the last heat wave we had (the 5th of the summer) will be the last one for this year.  

I don't mind the heat as much as the humidity.  Living as we do between two rivers it is usually very humid.  My neighborhood is basically an island surrounded by the Delaware River and the Frankford Creek.  It is only 10 blocks wide and you can literally stand at the creek and see the river.

This year my pastor will be teaching at the Christian school where his wife teaches.  This change brings a big change for me also.  

For three years (since I retired) I have worked from home as Church Secretary.  This takes a couple of hours a week or so depending on how many fliers I make, how much the bulletin for Sunday contains, and if there is anything special going on.  But now I will be going into the office Monday through Friday for a couple of hours a day.  I am very excited about this.  I have wanted to get a job but my health has prevented it.  This is close to home and only an hour or so a day.  So we will see how it goes.  It will mean a huge change in my lifestyle.  But I think it will be good for me -- make me more organized.

Yesterday Joe told me to pick out any clothes I wanted from Woman Within and he would get them for me as an anniversary gift.  I picked out a dress, a skirt and a top.  We tend to be practical with our anniversary gifts.  I told him I would take him to dinner.


A week ago or so I asked all of you to pray for Joan, an elderly lady in our church who was very sick.  Joan went to be with Jesus last Friday.  Her funeral service is this Friday.  Please pray for her family, many of whom are not believers.

Today's Bible Study went really well.  It will take longer than I originally planned to go through the first chapter of 2 Timothy, but that's OK.  Better to learn it right and take our time.

And that's about all that's going on.  Hope you all have a wonderful evening and a restful night.  Talk to you later this week.

Kathy



8 comments:

  1. Good for you on the job! And Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new job! I think it's important to have a place to go each day,a purpose. I wish you well on this expanded endeavor. I love the Snoopy at the end. Pets make great comforters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the new job...you will be perfect for it and it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend Joan is safely home... Praying that her service will introduce her wonderful Savior to those who don’t know Him. That’s what it’s all about. Your new job sounds terrific. Hope you share your new outfits. What a thoughtful gift from your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift your hubby gave you. I love that catalogue. The clothes are so pretty. Be sure to take hubby some where fun for dinner. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure your church family will be so happy to have you taking care of things at church....Good for you, sounds like a perfect job. Your Joe did it again....what a nice gift!
    Take care, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary...nice gift from hubby! I hope you enjoy your job and it sounds pretty perfect. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. Prayers for sure for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. kATHY....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I think working part time is going to be wonderful for you! Sounds like a good balance between working and being semi-retired! Good for you! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.