Wednesday, August 21, 2019

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?


Hello, friends.  I am feeling so much better and am actually interested in eating again.  Since I got behind on posting my meals, and spent some days not having dinner at all, I will just show you some of the meals I have had in the past couple of weeks.


On Thursday the 15th I made Mississippi Pot Roast in the crock pot.  It is so good and I know this is going to be a regular with us.  I put it over mashed potatoes and served it with zucchini noodles.  As I was cutting them Joe walked into the kitchen and saw me.  He said, "You haven't made those in a long time and I love them."  He was very happy with dinner that night.


On Friday, the 16th, we had spinach and cheese tortellini with garlic bread and a salad.  I have found it is cheaper to buy the veggies we like and make our own salad.


Saturday the 17th we had hamburgers, sweet potato fries, and sweet corn on the cob.  That corn was so good!


Going back in time, on Sunday the 11th we had poached salmon, a Hawaiian roll and a salad.

And on Monday the 12th we had rotisserie chicken, another ear of that wonderful sweet corn and a salad.

Although I didn't get a picture of it, last night I made fried rice.  I always think my fried rice is better than anything I could buy and Joe agrees!

Hope I've given you some ideas.  It's almost time for dinner tonight.  What are you having?  Whatever it is, enjoy!

Kathy


8 comments:

  1. I am having Chicken Cordon Bleu with a homemade salad using Romaine lettuce, which was a suggestion from you, believe it or not. Romaine seems to last longer than any other kind of lettuce and I am enjoying it. I bought it in a three pack just as you did. I have had one ear of corn this season and it was so good. I have to be careful with it, though, because it does not like me nearly so well as I like it. This is just it, I am getting some beef to make a pot roast. I just found my Mississippi Pot Roast recipe at my blog and on Pinterest. I remember how well John and I loved it.

    So glad that you are feeling back to human again! Isn't it great to be back?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food looks good, I enjoy zucchini noodles …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, Don't you love when you can get fresh veggies for meals....like the corn. I have to cook some green beans tomorrow, may daughter grew them and shared. Blessings to you, glad you are better. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your dinners look so delicious! Glad to hear you're feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your meals always look so good. Wish I could plan like you do. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum...

    I love zucchini noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delish Kathy...I am so loving your dinner series...thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your meals look delicious. Thank you for sharing your meal ideas. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.