Saturday, August 17, 2019

THIS AND THAT


Hello, friends!  I am so happy to have you here reading my blog.  I'm feeling so much better.  Not completely there, but a dose of antibiotics did wonders for me.  My face is still a little swollen, but nothing like it was.  And the pain is much better.  I have another week on the medicine and I am sure I'll be fine by then.

Because I've been down and out for a week, I thought I'd just do a "this and that" post with some pictures I haven't shown you.


This was the view out of my sister's back door the Saturday I was visiting her.  Quite a difference from the view at home where I see high fences and houses.  I always feel as if I am in the country when I visit her, even though I'm not.  But it's the country compared to where I live.


This is a cute little saying Elaine has in the guest room (also known by me as "my room").  It is so pretty and the saying so sweet.


What I can see of the sunset these days since my neighbor grew a tree right next to my yard.  It's still pretty.  But I don't see much of the sky anymore.


Before I got sick I began cleaning the kitchen.  I got the counter by the stove finished.  And yes, that's a teddy bear sitting on the Keurig pod holder.  Doesn't everyone have a teddy in their kitchen?

And the counter the other side of the sink.  I don't have much counter space at all.  But then I have a small house.  This is all that fit.  Before the kitchen was redone I didn't have any counters at all!

Yesterday I started on my kitchen table but had to stop because I got too tired.  I am going to finish it today because it is almost done.  It's amazing how much junk accumulates on a flat surface.  Already it's looking so much better.



I love Boathouse Row day or night.  But here is a picture of it lit up for night.  For special times the lights are in different colors.  This is what it is most of the time.  These little boathouses are right on the Schuylkill River.  If you google Boathouse Row, you can see pictures of it during the day.


This is the pretty wreath I bought at the thrift store by Elaine's house that supports a no-kill animal shelter.  It cost me $1 and there is no way that covered the cost of this beauty.  It is gorgeous on my front door.  You can tell how short I am by the angle of this shot.  In my defense, I am standing one step below the door.

This afternoon is the Family Fun Day my church is sponsoring.  It is being held at Wissinoming Park and I am hoping to go for a short time.  I know I can't last the three hours they are having it, but I would like to at least show up and give them my support.  The Youth Nights they had the last three nights was a failure.  Not one person showed up.  So sad.

Well, I am back friends, and have some ideas for posts running around in my head.  Welcome to my new readers and I hope you come back.  I so enjoyed reading your comments.

Until later...

Kathy






10 comments:

  1. I love he sign in your sister's guest room. You got a great deal on the wreath. So glad you are felling better Kathy. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for feeling much better! I don’t have a teddy in my kitchen, but I do have a duck in my living room. It really is sad that effort was put into planning and no one showed up. Discouraging.

    Beautiful wreath and beautiful expression in your room at your sister’s. She knows how to make you feel welcome and at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you are feeling better! Love the wreath. It certainly was a steal....maybe the items were donated but someone had some talent in the putting together =)
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No teddy in my kitchen but there is a Raggedy Ann doll that my neighbor made
    sitting in my living room.
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you're feeling better. The wreath is so pretty. The fact proceeds benefit animals is win-win! I think your this & that blogs are one of my favorites. It's a little bit of everything. I'm usually all for planting trees,but I shall miss your sunrise/sunset photos :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you are feeling much better. I love your wreath. My kitchen is tiny too so I only have a small bit of counter space. I hope you get to go to the outing and have a bit of fun. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the this&that posts!! I really love the wreath and I am so glad you got so much done in the kitchen. I saved a picture of that rock to give to my daughter so she can make one for her sister.
    Hope Joe is doing well, too. xoDiana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are feeling better! I have been working on my counter tops as well. Still have the old ones and they are ok even though it would be fun to get newer ones. That will have to wait for awhile! I like the rock with saying on it in "your room"! We had a busy Sat. but it was fun. Check out my latest post. I am still blogging! Enjoy your week! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're getting better and hopefully will be 100% soon. The wreath is beautiful and I can see it brightens your front door..a lovely way to greet folks!It's great to support the shelters. This past week was clear the shelter week in many areas. We've had 3 shelter dogs over the past 20 years. Arnie is our last dog we'll have and he's a sweetie. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.