Thursday, August 8, 2019

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?


Everyone seemed so enthusiastic about this series that I am just carrying on.  So let's pick up where I left off.

On Friday, July 26th I had another easy dinner -- breaded chicken tenders, mashed potatoes and a salad.  Joe had Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing on his salad and I opted for Italian on mine.  Such a good meal.



Saturday I had pork chops and spinach with mushrooms.  So good.



Sunday the 28th it began to get hot again.  So I made a crockpot meal that was new to me.  It was a take on Mississippi Pot Roast.  Several of my vlog friends made it so I thought I would give it a try.  I had stewing beef instead of a pot roast and brown gravy instead of au jus mix.  I didn't have ranch dressing mix either, so I put some ranch dressing into the crock pot with the other ingredients.  I let it cook 4 hours and it was perfect.  Served over mashed potatoes it was wonderful!  I added some steamed broccoli for the veggie.  I am definitely doing this again.  Both Joe and I loved it.



Monday I was in Lancaster with my sister for our annual get away.  You can see what I had at the restaurant in the day one post.

Tuesday I was back home but wanted it to be a quick and easy dinner after all of that traveling.  So I had hamburgers, chips and broccoli salad.  It was ready in no time.



We had severe storms and no electricity for the last day of July.  I couldn't cook so we ended up going to Shop Rite.  Joe got a turkey and cheese hoagie and I got California sushi.  You know what those look like, so I didn't bother to take a picture.

I began August on Thursday with the chicken I was going to have the night before but didn't because of the power outage.  It was already thawed so I had to do it.  I had baked chicken thighs, zucchini and mushrooms and rolls.  These were the tube rolls I had gotten on sale the other week.  Everything was really good.



Since I will be going away tomorrow, I am not taking a picture of my dinner, but will finish this up to publish when I get home next week.

Friday, August 2 I had dinner at Cracker Barrel.  I had a grilled pork chop, mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.  All good, but no picture.

Saturday, I came home right before dinner time.  After resting a little bit I made dinner for me and Joe.  Poached salmon, Asian vegetables and a left over roll.  Quick, easy and good.


On Sunday I noticed we were getting a little low on food.  I have to go shopping soon.  So I threw some things together and made Conchitas Con Carne.  I forgot to take a picture of it though.  It's ground beef, pasta and tomato sauce.  I have the recipe on my cooking blog right here.

Monday I was still trying to figure out what to eat.  I made one of Joe's favorites:  spaghetti and meatballs with tomato sauce.  I don't like it at all.  So I made spaghetti with broccoli and meatballs for me.  It was easy to make two different dishes.


Tuesday it was chicken in the air fryer and California mixed veggies.  Not very creative, but I'm running out of food.  Haven't had time to get to the store.


Yesterday we had left over Conchitas con Carne and tonight I ordered a pizza and chicken wings.  Tomorrow I absolutely must go food shopping.  But I hope I have given you some ideas for your meals.

Have a good evening.

Kathy

9 comments:

  1. Well, now I AM hungry. LOL..these meds make me slightly nauseated but this all sounds good! Sounds like you are right on top of fast, good comfort food meals. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so good! I like the idea you can make 2 separate spaghetti
    meals. It gave me an idea for leftover pasta as well. Keep the ideas coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! :) I stretch things like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy! Oh, it's just passed breakfast and you have my mouth watering! Thanks for popping in to see me and I see your pretty Pink Willow plate!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your meal ideas are wonderful. I like pasta served with a meat and veggies too. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you had some good eats =) Ellen loves spaghetti and meat sauce and I just made it last week....I'm not a fan but I ate some. With 8 to feed here it's not often that we please everyone....but we try!
    Have a great weekend...hopefully it will be a nice weather one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The salmon is so good for you! We grilled some last night and it was yummy. I LOVE hamburgers...my favorite meal ever! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dinners look great BUT all your different plates are so wonderful. They make each meal unique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, Eating healthier, it seems. I like to fixed Ted and I a piece of chicken, pork chop or fish and have a veggie side. I do not make desserts and I am not a fan of gravies. I love simplicity also. Too old to spend all day in the kitchen. Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.