Monday, June 27, 2016


Another busy day yesterday.  I went to bed around 4:00 a.m. and woke up around 6:30 a.m.  Not a lot of sleep.  I was cleaning and I was on a roll.  But I should have gone to bed.

I got up and immediately got my pork roast in the oven so I could get it partially cooked before I went to church.  I got showered and dressed and went to pick up my friend Donna to take her to church.  She brought a strawberry shortcake and corn.  I went back home and got the roast and a four-bean salad.

Joe had an asthma attack that morning.  I think it was aggravated by the grass cutting he did on Saturday.  So he wasn't able to go to church.  He was very disappointed because he had been looking forward to this all week.  But after he took his medication, he had to go to sleep.

We had a crowd at church -- well, for us.  Pastor Ralph gave the message.  He is a candidate to be our pastor.  I always enjoy his messages.

I didn't get to hear all of the message, however, because I was running downstairs to see how the meal was going.  Dorothea and Genny spent most of the service down there.  I didn't because I tape the services and had to keep an eye on the camera.  When I went downstairs there was a big commotion around the stove.  Here the oven was on "keep warm" and only 120*.  They had just pushed it up to 375* and bake.  My roast wasn't finished cooking so we didn't know if there would be enough time for it to finish.  (When Genny did cut it, the outside was done, but not the inside.  We put the slices into the microwave for 2 minutes and finished cooking the pinker parts and put the roast back into the oven.  By the time I went to refill the plate, the rest of the meat had finished cooking.)

The luncheon in our Fellowship Hall was really nice.  There was lots of good food and everything tasted wonderful.  Genny brought green beans that were so delicious.  I got her recipe from her and am going to try to recreate them.

It was nice to get to know the pastor and his wife better.  If they don't get called, I will be very surprised.  Everyone likes them.

My other friend, Donna A., was there also.  She loaned me three books by Francine Rivers.  Wow.  I will be reading for a long time.  They are all very thick.  She said there was no hurry getting them back to her.  That's good because it's going to take me awhile to read them.

You know what I did when I went home.  I laid down for "a few minutes" and woke up hours later.  *sigh*  But I guess I needed it.

We just had sandwiches for dinner.  But now I'm hungry.  So even though it's about 4:30 a.m. I am going to take my thyroid medicine early.  I have to have two hours before and at least one hour after the medicine with no food.  So if I take it now, I will be able to eat by 6:00 a.m.  It's tough working around that dose, but it's only once a day.  It's especially tough when you are hungry as I am now.

I'm going to go.  Lots of cleaning to do today and I'm hoping to get to the library.

Until later...




  1. Wow! A really busy day. Such an array of food. Sounds like everyone had a great time. Glad to hear you did get a nap! Enjoy your day.

    1. Thanks, Debbie. Sorry you missed it. 20 people there.

  2. Kathy, So sorry to read about Joe not being able to join all of you at the church. I hope you both got the rest you needed. Sounds like a good time with your fellow church members. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    1. It was a really good time. I didn't get to leave until after 3 p.m.

  3. You've been really busy this summer! I hope you are taking it easy today and getting some extra rest. Enjoy your week sweet lady. Hugs, Diane

    1. I want to see the people who told me I'd be bored during retirement. I'm busier than I've ever been! It was a down day today and I'm so glad. Back to work tomorrow.

  4. I always wonder why your thyroid medicine routine is so different from mine! Do you still have a thyroid? I don't so perhaps that may be the difference.
    There is nothing better than church dinners!!!

    1. Yes I still have my throid. It works some, just not enough so I have to take thyroid hormones. My friend Diane takes the same medication and has the same routine as I. We would both eat breakfast at our desks at work because we didn't have time before we got there.

  5. Stop and smell the Roses!
    Get some rest....the cleaning will wait!
    Enjoy the rest of your week...
    Thanks for always visiting and leaving lovely comments!
    Linda :o)


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.