Wednesday, June 11, 2014

WHAT A DAY!

I have had a day today!  Woke up late.  Had to get to the bank before work.  Stopped and got soft pretzels so that made everyone happy.

Diane got sick at work and had to leave early.  It was Marquita's day off, so that left Bob and me.  It wasn't bad, though.  And now I have two days off until I work on Saturday.

Tomorrow is the All Staff Day at work.  It's a mandatory meeting we have each year where all the libraries are closed down and we have a whole day of workshops and staff meetings.  Most of it is really boring, but there are some fun things (like the flash mob I showed you last Friday).  Some of the workshops sound OK this year.  But I just could not sit through another year of "There is no I in TEAM!"  So I'm sort of glad that I have a doctor's appointment that I couldn't change and got out of it this year.  The only thing I am sad about is not being able to hang with Diane all day.  We always take the same workshops and have fun.  Except for the year we took the workshop on e-books and both fell asleep.  Well, maybe that was fun too!

Good news!  Our car is fixed.  It turned out to be the ignition switch which shorted out and in turn shorted out the electrical system.  It was all covered under the warranty so all we owe is our deductible of $50.  Plus the rental car, of course.  I was expecting a couple of thousand dollars.  God is so good!  I am picking it up tomorrow and returning the rental car before going to my doctor's appointment.  I will be so happy to get my own car back.

Joe took Jenny to the vet yesterday.  Although she has a couple more tumors, she is still doing really good -- running around, jumping into and out of the window to look out at the world, climbing on things, eating well and wanting her petting.  So she got another shot and some antibiotics to boost her immune system.

Here's a picture of my little Jenny with her daddy:

I'm heading to bed.  Goodnight everyone.

Kathy

12 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! You have a lot going on! Our little Maggie is worrying me. She has lost weight and is more 'needy' than usual.....I hope it is nothing serious but I need to take her to the vet to be checked out! Happy you are getting your car back!!! We are having our truck A/C fixed and got the news this evening that the part needed has arrived! I want to bring our camper home soon so LD can make some needed repairs!! Hope you sleep well......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope Maggie is OK. But, yes, you do need to take her to the vet. Hope you are not without your truck for long.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a busy, busy day. Glad the news was good on your car and on your kitty. She is so sweet..and I can tell her Daddy loves her! Have a good night..and fun at the workshops.... xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO GLAD to have my car back. Driving a new car was fun, but there is nothing like having your own things.

      Delete
  3. Sweet dreams.
    Jenny is amazing!
    All staff will shake things up a bit, hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jenny is amazing. I hope we have her for a long time. I didn't get to All Staff Day since I was picking up the car and then sitting in the hospital. Can't wait to hear all about it, though.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear the great news about your car.God is very good! Love the photo of Jenny & Joe.That
    is one I'd have framed.It's fantastic she's doing so well.A part of that is all the loving care she gets from
    both of you.
    Have a purrrrfect day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks for your nice words about Jenny. We do try to care for our pets. After all, they do depend on us for their welfare.

      Delete
  5. Kathy, You made me laugh when you said you and your friend feel asleep. ;) I pretty much hated meeting at work also. A lot of talk and really not much follow through. Blessings for a bit of fun on your days off. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right about the meetings, Susie. They are a lot of talk with great ideas, but trying to implement those ideas in real life is something different!.

      Delete
  6. Got to love those warranties!!!
    always wish you bought one when you don't.
    What a day it has been.
    Yes, God is good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I was so glad the warranty was still good!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.