Friday, June 6, 2014

FRIDAY VIEW

The saga of the car continues.  I called the garage yesterday morning and told them about the locks unlocking and the bells going off.  I was told that they were booked solid through Monday and wouldn't be able to even look at it until Tuesday sometime.  That was not what I wanted to hear.

My friend Carol was nice enough to give me a ride in to work.  She was so sweet to do that.

Joe was going to rent a car for the next week, but couldn't find the insurance card we needed to do it.  I said I had mine, but I was at work.  However, when I looked for it, I didn't have mine either.  Joe cancelled the pick up and I called the insurance company who emailed two copies of the card to me to print out and use.  He rescheduled them to pick us up this morning.

Marquita kept telling me that she thought the car must still be under warranty since it is fairly new.  I thought the warranty had run out, but had Joe call the dealership to check.  Surprise!  It is under warranty until October.  So he arranged to have it towed from the garage to the dealership.  It's not far, they are on the same street, just about 12 blocks apart.  And our insurance will cover the towing.  We are not out anything.

Marquita drove me home from work.  That was so nice of her.  I always seem to have people help me out when I need it.

This morning I waited and waited for the Enterprise guy to pick me up and he didn't show.  Joe wasn't feeling good, so I was going by myself.  I finally called and they thought we had cancelled the pick up altogether.  So he said to give him about an hour and he would come out.  He did.  His name is Al and he was so nice about it, apologized and everything.

So after all the paperwork, etc. was done I ended up with a bright red 2014 VW Beetle.  It is a nice car, but let me tell you, not my favorite.  It is taking me awhile to get used to it.  It is not something I would buy.  But I am enjoying driving something new for a few days.  And I love red cars.  I'll take a picture of it and post it this weekend.  It has New Jersey plates so if I mess up, people will just think I'm lost because I'm out of state.  Ha, ha!

Tomorrow is the funeral for my friend and next-door neighbor, Bea.  Joe was asked to have a part in the service since he is a close friend and an Elder.  My former pastor is having the service.  He and his wife were able to visit Bea just days before her passing.  It is going to be a sad time.  I miss her already.  We have been friends for 34 years.

This coming Thursday is our annual All Staff Day meeting at the main library.  I am going to miss it this year because I have an oncologist appointment that was made six months ago.  I could change it, but it would take months to get another one.  Last year there was a flash mob at the library and this year there is supposed to be line dancing.  So for your Friday view I thought I would show you the mob from last year.  It was fun.  I was sitting on the marble steps just about where this video was taken from.

Free Library of Philadelphia All Staff Day 2013

Have a great day, everyone!

--Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Kathy, That was nice that you still had a good warranty.Hope Joe gets better. I am so sorry about the loss of your friend and neighbor. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope Joe gets better soon. I hate car problems but am glad yours is under warranty.

    I am so sorry about Bea. It is so hard to lose an old friend. 34 years is a long time to be friends. Blessings to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sympathies on the loss of your friend. That is quite a friendship. I hope Joe is feeling better today.
    Praises for the car being under warranty! Looking forward to seeing the photo of the car. Red is my
    favorite color.
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for the loss of your friend. Prayers for you and all those that loved her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Car's are great until they don't work. Glad that it's still under warranty and you finally got your rental car. I have a red car and love it! Ford Focus! Pray it gets fixed soon and back to life as usual! Prayers for you on loss of your friend. It's never easy. Been too many dying lately. But thankful for the promise of heaven, all becuz of Jesus! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.