Friday, June 20, 2014

FRIDAY VIEW -- THE BURG

I live in the Bridesburg neighborhood of Philadelphia.  Just as New York City has Queens, Manhattan, Brooklyn, etc., so does Philadelphia.  The neighborhoods were once little towns that got swallowed up by the big city.  Bridesburg started out being an Irish/German settlement.  Then it was mostly Polish immigrants.  Now it's just a mixture of everyone.

The people in the Burg (as we call it) are very proud of their homes and keep them looking so nice.  I thought for today I would show you one of my neighbors.  This house was sold about three years ago and the new owners put a lot of work into fixing it up.  New walls, new entry, new lights and especially new landscaping.  Although they don't have a front yard, they made it look beautiful by putting all these potted plants out front.  I'm always telling them how much I enjoy looking at their house.





Isn't it pretty?  I think so.  I have a couple more houses on the street that I want to take pictures of and show you.  I REALLY have to get working on my house.

Have a lovely day!

P.S.  There is still time to enter my give away.  I will be drawing the winner on Tuesday morning.  Just leave a comment saying you want to enter.

--Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Kathy, It does look very pretty. Always appreciate good neighbors who care for their homes and aren't crazy decorators . LOL ...xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how some plants and upkeep can make a house look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice front with flowers. I put alot of flowers in pots as our ground is clay, about 3 inches down. I've been cleaning house as well. Eventually I'll get everything back in it's place in living room after painting was done. Going to hang last of the curtains this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love outdoor living spaces and your flowers is beautiful. Here in Michigan our warm weather seems to be scarcer every year. The drapes are a wonderful touch!
    outstanding-chalet-grande-roche

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how they took such a small space and made it into something so pretty and unique!
    I wish I had a knack for landscaping but I just don't. My yard stays cluttered with toys instead of pretty flowers!
    Have a good Sunday my friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.