Monday, June 16, 2014

MONDAY, MONDAY

What a day it has been.  We were so busy.  I never got a chance to sit down until this afternoon.  I did have all my books shelved until the doors opened at 10:00 a.m.  Today was the beginning of the summer reading program for the kids.  Summer is always a busy time for us.  And strange people with strange problems were in.  There was a girl who told us she was 11 but I swear she was 41 and a lawyer the way she questioned us.

Sheila was back with us today.  Surprise!  The librarian who was supposed to come to us in her place now isn't.  There is a big mixup going on.  So Sheila is with us until things are settled.  I'm glad she is back, but all her things are at Fishtown where she was transferred to, so she has nothing to work with.  Oh how lovely the business world is!

I meant to show you this the other day.  On Friday I made an apple pie.  It turned out just lovely.  I haven't made a pie is so long.


And I want to show you the pictures I took of a storm rolling in.  I love the way the clouds turned out.




I'm off to make dinner.  Crab cakes, sauteed zucchini and mushrooms, and tater tots.  So until later...

Don't forget to enter my giveaway.  It's open until June 23th.  I think I forgot to say that yesterday.  Just leave a comment on any of my posts until that time and tell me you want to enter.

Kathy
-------------------------------
Monday's weather
Sunny
High:  90 degrees
Low:  69 degrees
Sunrise:  5:31 a.m.
Sunset:  8:31 p.m.
15 hours of daylight! 

9 comments:

  1. Oh- I love those summer reading programs. I think they are so good for the kids! Hope you have a really good week! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy......
    That pie is picture perfect!
    May I have ice cream too please?
    Enjoy your week...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, pie is yummy and some chocolate ice cream can go with it as well. I want to enter your giveaway, I'm sure it's great, didn't read your email that you wrote about it so will go find it. We've had rain for a few days. Phil was able to mow the back and side lawn yesterday evening. It was getting scraggly! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a bite of the pie. No, I need a bite of that pie!!!!!
    You made me laugh when you described the girl who said she was 14. LOL
    You take care, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the storm photos! There is something about a storm & the skies....like feeling just a bit of
    God's power.Nature with a voice....
    Poor Sheila! Hope for her sake things get straightened out quickly.
    Have a glorious day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooops! Forgot to say , enter me in the drawing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our Summer Reading program started this past week. The kids and I missed it but from what I heard it was ridiculously over crowded. I think we will lay out till after Vacation and then give it a try. Hopefully by that time some of the crowd has dwindled out.

    Your dinner made me hungry just reading about it. Sauteed mushrooms are my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are ominous clouds! I went to the library today and it was very busy! I sure love to go at least once every week! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.