Saturday, June 28, 2014

THE BIRD

On Thursday when I got to work everyone was looking up at the ceiling in the non-fiction room.  I couldn't figure out why.  But soon found out that a bird, a starling to be precise, had found its way into the library, but couldn't find its way out.  The guard opened the side doors and we figured that it would find itself outside in no time.

But that was not to be.  All day the poor bird flew from the light fixture, to the window, and back again.  Jerry opened a window for it to get some air, but our windows have grates over them and it couldn't get through.

By the end of the day the poor little bird had worn itself out.  I'm sure it was hot.  Diane told Jerry to put out some water, which he did, but put it down low and the bird wouldn't leave the ceiling.

Can you see the bird in the window?

The bird is sitting in the light fixture.  You can see his shadow on the ceiling.


Another picture of it in the window.

Here is a short video of the bird flying around the library.

I was on the front desk and feeling so badly for the bird.  I prayed that God who created it would show the bird the way out.  I had to wait on some people and the next thing I knew everyone was saying, "where did the bird go?".  I didn't see it leave, but it was gone.  Thank you, Lord.  I should have prayed earlier!

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. It is surprising where birds go. I would see them in the underground train tunnels & wonder if
    they'd find their way out....Guess they did by following the air currents....Bless you for praying for God's
    little one.
    Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's odd that a bird got into the library Kathy. Usually if you have dock doors that's how they get into stores. Hope he got out and did not hide somewhere. Hope you are having a good weekend. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh do I know about birds in the room. So far we have had 8 or 9 in our home this year!
    (Yes, we do need to get a screen on our door.)
    I'm with Debbie, good for you to pray for freedom for the bird. Glad it didn't hurt itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have had birds get into our hardware store. Most of the time it leaves with some prodding. Glad he left. Snuck out just the way he snuck in? Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.