Thursday, May 15, 2014

SICKNESS AND A NEW KITCHEN

It has been quite a time around here.  I mentioned last time that Joe came home from church and got sick.  He didn't get better and by Monday I knew that I had to stay home from work and get him to a doctor.  He had been throwing up for 36 hours by that time.  So I started to get myself dressed and get something to eat when there was a knock at the door.

I had called Sears to cancel the kitchen guys coming.  There was no way that could happen.  But they didn't get the call not to come until they were pulling up outside of the house.  They were really nice about it and understood.  I brought them inside to see the kitchen and they told me they were doing only the cabinets and just what they wanted me to move.  It wasn't going to be as bad as I thought so that was great!  I arranged for them to come back today.

I got ahold of the doctor's office and got Joe an appointment for 10:45.  I got him up at 10:15, showered, dressed and got over to the doctor's office.  We sat near the restroom in the waiting room until we went back.  As the nurse was taking his information, Joe told her he was going to be sick.  She got him a plastic bag and he threw up again.  I felt so badly for him.  The doctor was talking to him and examining him and he threw up two more times.  So the doctor sent him out of the office and told him to go to the restroom.  At least he gave Joe a prescription for compazine to settle his stomach.

 And it did the job.  In about half an hour he was feeling better and able to get some sleep.  When he woke up he was able to take his medication for his epilepsy and his high blood pressure and keep them down.  And in the evening I gave him some chicken broth and crackers and they also stayed down.  He is pretty much back to normal today.  Still taking it easy on the food, but so much better.

While Joe was sleeping I had a great day.  I did a load of wash and the weather was perfect to hang it out on the line.

And I got a lot of cleaning done and moving of things into the dining room from the kitchen.  The dining room is such a wreck, but it's only for another couple of days.  Snowy decided it was the perfect place to take a nap among the boxes and bags.  I had to snap this because she looks so cute.

The temperature was in the 80s.  It was sunny.  I got a lot done around the house.  I got my new camera working again.  I made the perfect meatloaf and fresh green beans for dinner which I thoroughly enjoyed.  I read a lot of my library book.  And I wasn't at work.  What more could I ask for?  I can't wait to retire.  I just have to make it to January 2016.

Even the sunset was beautiful.

I went back to work yesterday.  I was nervous about leaving Joe and called him just about every two hours (I think I was getting on his nerves after awhile).  But he was good.  Still didn't eat very much, but that's OK.  You don't want to pack your stomach after being sick like that.

 Today the kitchen guys came back and got started on the cabinets.  I think they will be able to finish it tomorrow.





It looks so strange with nothing on the counter top.

Before dinner tonight Joe called me to the back door.  The groundhog is back!  We hadn't seen her and thought she might have died during this horrible winter we had.  But she looks just fine.

I got up at 4 a.m. today to finish up clearing out the kitchen and now I am beat.  I keep falling asleep.  So I'm going to end for now.

Until later...

Kathy

 P.S.  Sorry about having to put on the word verification for the comments.  I got 83 anonymous comments in 5 hours the other day.  This cut it down to 3.  I will take it off again after these comments die down.

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that Joe is getting better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that Joe's doing better. It is best to take things slow after being so sick....
    It was a gorgeous day! Great day for hanging wash! Welcome back,little groundhog. They're such
    cute little critters.
    Have a glorious day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, Joe being that sick would be very scary. Especially since he was getting his meds too. No wonder you are tired and sleepy. I hope every thing is tiptop today. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We (and the doctor too) were worried about him having a seizure when throwing up. God was good and that didn't happen. He is doing good today!

      Delete
  4. As you know, I am new to your blog, and dont know about a lot of things you wrote about. I do hope your hubby continues to feel better. Also that the workers can finish your kitchen...it is looking very nice int he pictures. Hope you have a good day and can catch up on your rest soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. Feel free to go back and read some of my old posts. Maybe that will help. The kitchen is looking good. Better all the time!

      Delete
  5. I'm happy to hear Joe is much better...wow, what a bad bout he had. Can't wait to see your kitchen all done. We had our living room painted last week and house has been a mess but it will get better soon. Hung up curtains over front windows so my sis could sleep ok in the living room. She was staying the night Thurs. after a meeting with my brother, etc, then wanted to see mom again while she was here. She saw me too. Didn't have alot of time with her since I needed to be gone this a.m. then off to get my massage she'd gifted me for my birthday. Love your "Phyllis" the groundhog....teehee! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.