Friday, May 9, 2014

WALKING WITH THE DINOSAURS

We had a special program at the library yesterday.  Mike from the Academy of Natural Sciences came to do a program on dinosaurs.


He brought fossils and had some kids show that even though they are now rock they keep the same shape they had while they were bones.  He had the kids keep repeating "FOSSILS ARE ROCK!"


It was a great program.  Everyone was saying so as they left.  I'm glad we have things like that for the kids.


I didn't have my camera with me today, so took these with my new phone.  Then I had to figure out how to email them to myself.  I was surprised at how nice they turned out.  Eventually I'll figure this phone out.  It's only been 5 months!

Kathy
-------------------------------------
Thursday's weather:
Cloudy
High:  67 degrees
Low:  55 degrees
Sunrise:  5:52 a.m.
Sunset:  8:02 p.m.
14 hours and 10 minutes of daylight  

9 comments:

  1. I love the Academy! The museum is informative with programs & displays for all ages. I think
    it's marvelous that the library has these special things for children,gets them interested in the world around us.
    Enjoy 'discovering' your phone. That's half the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pics look great Kathy! It really is amazing how far camera phones have come. I think the Academy of Natural Sciences is another place I need to visit soon. I haven't been there in years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all very engrossed in his talk. The library looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great program as a kid I remember going to our local library and learning about space .I know this kids will remember this for a life time.
    by the way your pictures look great.
    xo Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all things that are educational and FUN! I think you did a great job with your phone pics! I 'share' some of my phone pics on Facebook and then save them to my computer from there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, what is going on. I saw a good bye post, tried to read it, got a message that blog had been removed, then it came back. I do not have your email, I was upset. Who the heck are these people? Block them! They have no. business telling you what to do. If it is coworkers, block them. Please do not go away. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, I emailed you. No, I am not going anywhere. I love blogging.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.