Saturday, May 31, 2014

FRIDAY VIEWS

I haven't been ignoring you, dear blog friends.  There just hasn't been anything going on except for cleaning the house and I KNOW that is not of interest to you.  You probably have your own houses that you are cleaning.  This has been a very quiet week which is just what I needed.

On a better note my daughter-in-law has gotten her test results back and her cancer is gone!  Thank the Lord!  And thank you for all your prayers on her behalf.  This is such good news.  She still has a ways to go to have a full recovery, but she is on the road now.

I am at the Fishtown Branch of the library today.  It is so slow.  I think I have waited on about four people the whole day.  But I am so tired that this is a good thing.

For your Friday View I thought I would show you my huge African violet.  I had lots of them when I first moved into this house 30+ years ago.  But they slowly died off.  This one and a pink one are all that I have now.  Unfortunately, after I took this picture I discovered that a colony of ants had made their home in this pot.  I had to remove the plant, get rid of the dirt, and spray everything.  Unfortunately, the plant did not fare well.  Most of the leaves turned brown and fell off.  I have just a few leaves and one flower left.  I am babying it to see if I can save it.




I am sorry I am so behind with my blog reading.  I mean REALLY behind.  I don't want you to think that I am not interested.  It is because I AM interested that I am trying to read everything you all wrote.  I will catch up very soon, though.

Kathy

7 comments:

  1. aw, cleaning! I need to clean the kitchen now. But we went on a walk after dinner then I worked outside in the area of my potted plants a bit and swept. Sorry your african violets aren't doing well. I had one a few years ago and it's ok then it dies off. Finally gave up. I don't have much room for plants now, indoors. Glad your daughter-in-law's test results came back great. Thank you, God! We had a couple slow days at work this week. It's hard to stay at the register and do much of nothing....sigh...I know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about the cleaning, but somehow not got around to it yet!!
    I hope your plant recovers. Ants can be such a nuisance at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord for the test results! Such great news!
    I think we've all had a 'slow' day at work.While it can sometimes be a blessing, I found it difficult to
    look busy when there's not much to do. I worked retail & you can only 'straighten the racks' so many times. Drove me bonkers!
    To any dog people out there,I volunteer at the local PSPCA. Yesterday a lady brought her dog in for
    her shots and guess what? It was a Dogue de Bordeaux! A French mastiff-type or a female Hooch (from the Tom Hanks movie 'Turner & Hooch'). You don't see very many at all & as I am an admitted dog person,this was a treat for me. She is 7 yrs old & HUGE! Love her!!
    Sorry to digress,Kathy. Had my 2 girls out for their walk & am loving this morning breeze.
    Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, You violet still looks pretty. I hope it pulls through for you. Glad your DIL is on the road to recovery. Blessings to all this weekend, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get so excited when I hear how God has touched and healed someone. Your "daughter" has been blessed.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been behind as well.......I hope you know how much I love you even when we don't 'talk' over the Blog Lines......You and Joe are as dear friends and I think of you everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy regarding those cancer results for your daughter!!!! Your violet looks so healthy! I got rid of all mine last year because they were in a very sorry state. Waiting for a sale to get new ones. :) I do love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.